Perfect Dark Zero - Original Xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect Dark Zero - Original Xbox

Just released from Wil Overton, a selection of screens showing Perfect Dark Zero from when it was in development for the Xbox after it's move from Gamecube.

This website is for sale! transformationsequence.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, transformationsequence.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Interesting. Sure glad they didn't use this boxart:

Comment

I actually somewhat liked the game on the 360. I won't pretend it was anywhere near as good as its predecessors, or even that good a game for the time, but I enjoyed playing it. It had character.

Comment

It was probably my favourite 360 launch title as it was my first proper introduction to online gaming. Capture the Flag had some really exciting moments as I jumped onto a waiting team hovercraft and we sped off to victory!

As for that boxart, I know it says Pd0, but that would have been mistaken as "Paedo"! :O

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that this looks cooler than the game we actually got? Graphics look more stylish too.

Comment

It almost looks like the game was a bit more flat shaded , but to make it look next gen, they coated it in shader effects and bump mapping

Comment

Oi, stop nicking my pics

But honestly, all this stuff was just part of the gazillions of ideas and scribbles that got done during dev (which went on foreeeverrrr). I won't pretend the game came out anything like I'd have hoped but you live and learn.

Comment

I've got a wee jobby for ya joanna!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  I've got a wee jobby for ya joanna!
                  I'm scared of firing it up now. The years have made it seem not as bad and I don't want to ruin the image in my mind.

Comment

I decided that very same thing fairly recently, as I was toying with going back to it and trying to do it on the hardest setting (couldn never do that jungle level) as I actually really enjoyed it at time, despite the slating it got here, the actual gameplay itself wasn't a million miles away from the N64 game. Unfortunately FPS and Stealth titles had changed or improved the objective style gameplay during Perfect Dark's absence from the shelves.

I don't think the slightly wobbly aiming and the distinctly 1st gen graphics will do it any favours were I to go back to it.

Comment

Don't like the look of it - looks very 'manga'. Preferred the Blade Runner-esque look of the 64 version over the 360 release.

Comment

Looks much better than the mediocre title we got.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          Looks much better than the mediocre title we got.
                          I recognize all of the in game bits from the 360 one

Comment

I meant in terms of style, should have been clear. I really like the look of the art in these shots.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              It was probably my favourite 360 launch title as it was my first proper introduction to online gaming. Capture the Flag had some really exciting moments as I jumped onto a waiting team hovercraft and we sped off to victory!

As for that boxart, I know it says Pd0, but that would have been mistaken as "Paedo"! :O
                              Man I loved this game. Ofcourse the gameplay was slow and the aiming was kind of... unassisted ie hard for control pad. But it was my first 360 game and first console game I played online. I couldn't believe it, am I really playing against others? Even though I did do PC online gaming since 6 years prior it felt like a revelation to me. I played PDZ through the summer of 2006 and those were awesome times. I remember the team game where you had one life, Dark Ops I think. But I also played lots of long DM matches first to 100 I think.

The campaign was seriously whack, terrible AI that would somehow always see or hear you at some point. All you had to to is lure them toward a corridor and blast away. But I always loved the nightclub.

I think the game isn't that different from the N64 version but times had changed and PD didn't.
                              Last edited by saturn-gamer; 27-08-2012, 20:19.

Comment

Working...
                              X