Metal Gear Solid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Gear Solid

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

It will likely be awful but the fact that Kojima himself is ready to endorse the project suggests some small ray of hope. Metal Gear Solid, the film, is finally coming.

I know it's never going to happen but it would be nice to see David Hayter get the nod to play Snake.

Comment

The chap that played Sam in Vanquish looks a bit like Snake. He's an actual actor too, was in Bones a while back.

Comment

Can't they dub over the actors voice with David Hayters? Snake won't be Snake without the voice...

Comment

Agree with one of the youtube comments. He may not look the part (though he isn't far off) but the voice is more important.

Comment

Probably not a popular choice (I hear all guys hate him?) but I've always thought Hugh Jackman could look the part.

Comment

A young Hugh Jackman would look the part. I reckon Sean Bean would make an excellent Liquid Snake. ;p

Comment

I like to just pretend that these movies based on games just don't exist. There weren't any Resident Evil movies, as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Had to sit through a trailer for a new Resi film when I went to see Total Recall yesterday. Ugh...

The only reasonably decent game-to-film adaptation I've seen is Silent Hill and that was still ropey as hell.

Comment

Hugh Jackman once considered for Metal Gear movie

Now that the Metal Gear Solid movie is a go, who will step into the iconic shoes of Solid Snake? Series creator Hideo Kojima had originally wanted a star like Hugh Jackman, but has since reconsidered. A "rising star would be better suited for the role," a new report by Clevver details, because actors like Jackman are already "associated with a particular character." Oh Jackman, you'll always be Leopold in our hearts.

Kojima will serve as executive producer for the film, choosing to pass writing and directing work to someone else. He promises to work closely with the film team to "ensure the film honors the franchise's roots." Of course, we've heard this song and dance a number of times before--Hideo Kojima has repeatedly attempted to walk away from the franchise, only to direct yet another game in the series.

Now that the Metal Gear Solid movie is a go, who will step into the iconic shoes of Solid Snake?

So we can scratch off well known actors on the hunt for an actor to play Solid Snake. Still think it would be nice to see Hayter take on the role.

Comment

Jordan Vogt-Roberts (“The Kings Of Summer”) has begun early talks to direct the long gestating film adaptation of the popular “Metal Gear Solid” video game franchise at Sony Pictures. The first in the series of stealth-based games, which began back in 1998, follows an attempt to take back a secret military base from genetically enhanced […]

Director Jordan Vogt-Roberts is in talks to direct this

Comment

“Kong: Skull Island” and “The Kings of Summer” helmer Jordan Vogt-Roberts recently discussed the struggles he has had trying to adapt the popular video game “Metal Gear Solid” to film. The long-gestating project has been in the works for nearly fifteen years in one form or another. Whilst speaking with “Gary Whitta’s Animal Talking show” […]

The film appears to remain years away but Vogt-Roberts has said that the hopes are to also make an animated series with the games cast that runs alongside the film

Comment

I'd rather platinum games got to do another Rising game. Why is that game not ported to every format.

Comment

Q. What do you call Solid Snake in a squat?

A.

Squalid Snake.

Comment

(Available for christenings, barmitzvahs, the slaughter of halal cattle. Give me a call on 0898 - SATISFACTION).

Comment

Working...
                              X