Card Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
    I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on the Warhammer Quest game when you manage to play it QC.

It’ll probably be too hardcore for my family to play, but I can always add it to the wants list for a future purchase.
    Pro tip: FFG have split ways with Games Workshop, so no more WQTCG, BUT they're bringing out a new, unbranded version so you might be able to get that on offer or someone upgrading may sell off their old version!

Comment

Texas hold'em is my favourite. Get some friends, get some money (not too much otherwise the game gets too serious, a fiver is good), get some drinks, get some regular playin' cards, play texas hold'em and see how much fun you have.

Comment

I’ve been building the display cabinet this afternoon...

Comment

I’m liking that _SD_.

Where did you get the packs graded, or did you buy them already graded?

All 10’s too! Kudos.

Comment

Thanks, I’ve been buying them already graded. And yes, they’re all Gem Mint 10....

There’s another four I need to retrieve from his room, a Charizard box topper and the non-graded ones in frames too. I’ll post a picture when they’re all set up and I’ve actually put the doors on

Comment

Is there a particular place you buy them from?

Don't know why I’m asking too be honest, as it’s a rabbit hole I do not want to fall down, lol.

Comment

I opened and played my first game of Palm Island today.

It's a really clever little Euro resource management card game that you can play in the "palm" of your hand!

You're trying to build the highest scoring village by upgrading your cards, which is done by using resources you've stored.

There's a clever mechanic where you turn cards on their side to store them and when they're used, you either flip or rotate the live cards to upgrade them.

It's really flexible too, with solo, co-op, versus and quest modes.
                I backed the "all weather" version that has a waterproof case and plastic cards.

I'm going to investigate the other modes as it looks like there's a lot of depth for a compact game!

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                  Is there a particular place you buy them from?

Don't know why I’m asking too be honest, as it’s a rabbit hole I do not want to fall down, lol.
                  I’ve been getting them from eBay , but in the process I’ve met a few dealers I can buy from directly.

They’re all presents/investments for the boy. I’ve been going on about getting the kids bank accounts for the past year or so and their useless mother hasn’t bothered. They get £50 cash off my parents alone every birthday and Xmas, plus plenty of other money from relatives, and currently it goes on Fortnite and Claire’s Accessories... I’m fed up with it getting wasted. Now I’m not expecting these to go up in value a vast amount, but I definitely believe they’ll hold their value. So I’ve been investing in these, and it means he ends up with an awesome Pokémon collection along the way. Until the day comes when he’s grown up and decides to sell them.

Comment

Working...
                  X