• Show
Clear All

Haha yeah that habit never gets old..

Comment

Why am I Sean Bean?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
        Why am I Sean Bean?

Sean Bean is a legend and the unofficial Borders Down mascot.

One Does Not Simply Walk Into Borders Down.

Do a search on him, he pops up in a lot of threads.

Comment

I have no interest in frame rates. There, I said it.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            I have no interest in frame rates. There, I said it.
            Well for those of us who are, these guys frame at a really fast rate!

That's what you meant wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
              One Does Not Simply Walk Into Borders Down.
              That should be the forum motto, I even heard it in his voice.
              That really did make me

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Yeah they seem pretty nifty.

Comment

It?s gone quiet because the reason for the site originally existing, to expose people to importing, has vanished.

Old timers hang around as it?s our home and the quality of discussion is the best on any forum I?ve visited, but attracting new posters is tricky. As PAL is now the way to go in the UK the site is no longer a draw to find out about Importing, the mini cull made a lot of people bitter and the re-branding meant we are now a mixture of people.

Also, there?s a lack of buzz about games in the public eye as it?s been over 6 years since we had a new console and the market has irreversibly changed. The recession knocked the entire western world, people don?t have as much money, hardware companies were chasing an endless horizon of diminishing returns so developers looked how we can optimise graphics and be economical with hardware. The old model of consoles vanished and the first console release in this time frame was the Wii U, which has no killer apps from Nintendo and is only marginally more powerful than Microsoft?s & Sony?s finest. Also as new IP works best on new platforms, beautiful, innovative, fresh games have come from download services which don?t currently push graphics, which was always a great way of making the hairs on your arm stand up.

Although I can safely say that Videogames no longer hold their spell over me in the way they used to when I was a teenager, I?m still as excited and optimistic by playing them and look forward to the future with the same wide eyed enthusiasm. I don?t play games every hour of every day like I used to, nor do I fire up a console as soon as I get home, but in this last year alone, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Super Mario 3D Land were some of the best games I have ever played. They completely and utterly absorbed me whilst I was in their worlds and those 2 experiences were enough for me for the entire year of 2011.

This site is quieter than what it used to be but that?s only natural and the buzz for gaming has dwindled because of a load of factors outside this sites control. I imagine foot traffic will pick up when the new consoles are announced and a whole load of new posters will join as they always do. But when 1 man starts a thread about a long forgotten console and throws out the idea of playing it for the entire summer, it spawns over 25 pages of nostalgic and in-depth discussion that made up for the thousands of other bull**** threads on other forums.

There?s good questions being raised in this thread but the community that?s currently active on here is exemplary, as always though, a few more voices is always welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Will i be receiving around 60 frames every second then? 3o just wont cut it!

Comment

280 people online. More than normal, especially for a Friday afternoon. They must be playing my banner game.

Comment

Working...
                      X