Resident Evil 6 [XBox 360, PS3] - review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
    This is 7 squids on Steam - worth a punt?
    Not really I'm afraid.

Looks nice and cutscenes are good. Leon's first bit is o.k and Mercenaries ain't bad but it is such a confused game, does not want to know what it wants to be and the Monster design is the worst I have seen. The further you get through it the worse it becomes. Some of the end level design stuff is truly awful just thinking about it.

Comment

I played through this co-op recently and thought it was really quite good. I think single player would have been a bit of a slog.

Comment

Resident Evil 6 review

I used to be a huge resident evil fan, I've played and finished all of the main numbered entries plus enjoyed the umbrella chronicle games. That was until I played Resident Evil 5 which was such a disappointment that it pretty much put me off of the franchise for good, when Resident Evil 6 was shown I simply had no interest in it and it was the first resident evil game that I never bought on day one. Recently I've been playing the old games and saw a copy of 6 new for ?5 so I thought I would give it a go. I'm only 2 hours in so far playing the Leon campaign but my god I can't believe how boring this game is, the cinematics are so over the top and ridiculous that it's impossible to be engrossed in the story (which was one of my favourite parts of the original games). But the gameplay is just terrible, there is no exploration or puzzle solving at all, it's just go to room A, kill all the zombies, move to room B and repeat. There's no suspense at all or any attempt at creating an unnerving atmosphere, it's just wave after wave of zombies that you need to take down. It's a shame because the production values are amazing, graphically it's one of the best games on the PS3 and content wise it appears to be the biggest resident evil by far but the game just isn't fun to play. Does it actually improve later on or is this pretty much how the game is throughout?

Comment

Leon can't get out of.a.vehicle without it exploding. That must be annoying.

First Twp Leon chapters are the best. It really is a 4/10 game.

Comment

I'm frequently tempted to buy this when I see it for ?5. But then I read reviews & impressions like yours Ghost and the urge quickly passes.

Comment

Please don't waste any money on this game!
              It's truly awful and you'll be a better person for avoiding this.

Comment

Consider it done I still think its such a shame that one of the best series ever has rather quickly turned to absolute dross. Quite a quick fall from grace it has to be said.

Comment

boing

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Leon can't get out of.a.vehicle without it exploding. That must be annoying.

First Twp Leon chapters are the best. It really is a 4/10 game.
                    Best description I think I've read.

Comment

I need to proof my posts though.

Comment

This really is terrible I thought you guys were exaggerating, but it is incredibly boring!

Stick to Evil Within - Now THAT is a great game!

Comment

So, with the recent Switch rerelease I've started this up as the next game I go back to. I'm two Chapters in on Leon's campaign so far.

Not long ago I tried going through RE4 on the system and I just couldn't click with it at all for the first time ever, putting it down to the game maybe having aged that bit too much and being a touch to over familiar now. I was wary of revisiting this one again but as it's the least memorable of the second trilogy...

So far, I'm actually really liking it. Playing it on handheld means the more straightforward design is beneficial and it's a long game in any case so you feel fine just going along with it. It's playing pretty much like a straight out and out third person shooter which isn't great for purists but (and being mindful the other campaigns are weaker) as things stand RE6 is getting a bit of an improved hindsight view atm.

Comment

Working...
                          X