Dodonpachi Saidaioujou REGION FREE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danholo View Post
    Is there one shmup region locked I need to play?
    Yeah, Deathsmiles IIX. It's the one reason I won't part with my Jp 360. There's Ketsui too, to a lesser extent (personally speaking), though that's coming to the PS3 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by meppi View Post
      Besides several Cave shooters that remain JP only I'd say Raiden Fighters Aces alone is reason enough to seriously consider getting a J360.
      Seconded. Although I would rate Espgaluda II and Ketsui almost as highly.

Comment

Is there one shmup region locked I need to play?
        RFA
        Deathsmiles IIx
        Raiden IV
        Ketsui

Comment

I'll agree on most but I'd also add...

Mushihimesama HD
          Dodonpachi DOJ
          Dodonpachi DFK: Black Label (worth it for the Kestui mode)

You really do need to own a Jpn machine IMO

If you need a couple of titles to get you started as well I still have some in my Sales thread lol

Neil

Comment

Heh... I guess I'll go with the initial idea. You guys have a Jap unit or Asia unit? The Asia unit has a universal power supply I remember.

Comment

Heh... I guess I'll go with the initial idea. You guys have a Jap unit or Asia unit? The Asia unit has a universal power supply I remember.
              I have a Jpn Unit but with a UK PSU (mine is a Jasper model)
              My first one was a launch machine that I used with a Stepdown.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                I have a Jpn Unit but with a UK PSU (mine is a Jasper model)

Neil
                Meaning? If I order one, it'll obviously be one of the newest models. Of course it'd be nice to own an official PSU but would a generic one do? Or am I doing a great disservice ordering an Asian model? Also, what about XBOX Live?

Edit: Sorry for the off topic.
                Last edited by danholo; 12-05-2013, 10:24.

Comment

Oops. I forgot RFA & Mushi HD Aye, some cracking reasons to own a Jp system.

Comment

Meaning? If I order one, it'll obviously be one of the newest models. Of course it'd be nice to own an official PSU but would a generic one do? Or am I doing a great disservice ordering an Asian model? Also, what about XBOX Live?

It's like a PS3, you create accounts belonging to different regions on the same machine. For the PSU question I'll leave it to others, I don't know what the new models require.

Comment

I'm pretty sure if you buy a new one you can still replace the psu with a PAL one but I don't really think there is a problem with buying an Asian machine

Just grab whichever is the better deal

Neil

Comment

There are a couple of NTSC J games that won't play on Asian machines. They are old and obscure (can't remember what they are) so you should be ok.

I have an older Japanese machine that is a red ringed repair. Thinking of picking a new model machine as I will soon be binging on Japanese 360 game shopping spree.

Comment

I had no idea an Asian system could have trouble playing certain JP coded games.

I have a Japanese system along with a Pal one and I switch between my Pal powerbrick for both machines.
                          I've looked into getting a second European PSU for the Japanese unit, but I can't find official ones anywhere for some reason.
                          Both systems are the latest model I believe and only about a year old.

Oh and back on topic, don't forget about Muchi Muchi Pork.
                          It looks a bit rough compared to the HD versions of all the other games, but it's so much fun ones you get to know the scoring mechanic. Try to get one with the DLC code as well if you can, as the Matsuri mode is tons of fun as well.

Comment

Not to completely derail this thread but I just looked into systems and the JP 250gb with Forza 4, Child of Eden, Kinect Adventures, some other game and a kinect is ?295 on Yes Asia. Seems like the best price I could find and you can sell everything you don't want.

Comment

Originally posted by meppi View Post
                              I had no idea an Asian system could have trouble playing certain JP coded games.

I have a Japanese system along with a Pal one and I switch between my Pal powerbrick for both machines.
                              I've looked into getting a second European PSU for the Japanese unit, but I can't find official ones anywhere for some reason.
                              Both systems are the latest model I believe and only about a year old.

Oh and back on topic, don't forget about Muchi Muchi Pork.
                              It looks a bit rough compared to the HD versions of all the other games, but it's so much fun ones you get to know the scoring mechanic. Try to get one with the DLC code as well if you can, as the Matsuri mode is tons of fun as well.
                              Muchi Pork / Pink Sweets is region free IIRC so you should grab that now it regardless oh what you decide

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                                Muchi Pork / Pink Sweets is region free IIRC so you should grab that now it regardless oh what you decide
                                Ah yes, that's true. I forgot about that!

Bought it along with the ESP Galuda 2 Black Label, the day I got my first (pal) 360.
                                I actually bought Mushihimesama Futari in 2009, 2 years before I even bought the system. lol

This thread actually got me back to playing Daifukkatsu. Love the Ketsui mode, but my favourite probably still is the 1.51, especially with the green ship and in Strong Style.
                                Being able to go into hyper mode and cancel out enough bullets to call extra death lasers, then cancelling out those bullets after you destroy them and spawning even more death lasers, then when hyper mode runs out seeing them all explode into a sea of gold is one of the greatest things I've experienced this gen.
                                The scoring system is also so incredibly fun.

Speaking of which, if anyone likes to have someone to do score battles against, feel free to add me. (meppi64)
                                I only have a couple of people with JP360s or even Pal ones that play shoot em ups, and since it's so much fun to aim for a high score and beat it, I sure could use some more people on my friends list.

Comment

Working...
                                X