No announcement yet.

Chris Roberts' Star Citizen [PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's actually a phenomenon around this behaviour known as the Sunk Cost Fallacy - essentially it's becoming harder and harder for those that have invested money on this to believe that this is never going to see release, so they just keep investing more and more cash into it.

Also sometimes referred to as complete mugs.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      Also sometimes referred to as complete mugs.

Also with some ships being 4 to 5 figure $dollars sums, it'll be a mess (if) when released. In that everything supposedly can be earnt but that makes a mockery of charging so much.

Either way the business model here has long since crossed a line and makes me feel uneasy.

Comment

The s**t show continues.

Thanks to the Crytec lawsuit it looks like Squadron 42 wont be seeing 2020 either.

Comment

What i have seen of the game it looks awesome, what i have played however it is not, i use the example look at frontier developments and when they crowd funded elite dangerous which i think was done after star citizen and while less ambitious they completed the game plus expansions and also made quite a few other games in that time like planet coaster, planet zoo etc

Comment

Actually it seems Crytek want to reschedule the hearing later in 2020 to allow Squadron 42 to come out and then settle everything?

Comment

This whole game and dev looks like a big scam. It use to be the game I would upgrade my PC for - but, 3 full upgrades later (for other games) this thing is still nowhere near complete.

Comment

It was only in December that Matt reported that Star Citizen had raised more than $250m USD in its crowdfunding efforts…

6 months on and crowdfunding passes $300m

Comment

Lol and since i did my original list Frontier Developments have updated Elite Dangerous and made another game

Comment

LOL almost 8 years later & still in Alpha.

I commend the peeps who put up dough for this game for being supremely patient.

I myself think of this a wonderful experiment and I cannot wait to see how it plays out.

Comment

I bought in day one. Since then I’ve stopped being a pc gamer and moved to consoles, then stopped that really and just played retro now and then and finally I hit 50 and now I’m mostly into gardening.

Comment

The scam continues. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                          LOL almost 8 years later & still in Alpha.

I commend the peeps who put up dough for this game for being supremely patient.

I myself think of this a wonderful experiment and I cannot wait to see how it plays out.
                          Thankfully i only put in 20 euro....as i was a bit wary at the time, i cannot fathom the people who put hundreds and even thousands towards the game

Comment

Seems there is an(other) furore going on in the Star Citizen universe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...oadmap_update/

TLDR; CIG Roadmap for SQ42 (the single player version) has been a non-show for a while, video promised with updates earlier this year which was another no-show, fans make a lot of noise calling out CIG for lack of updates, videogame news sites start to report on this, CIG issues a PR about their lack of a roadmap. The result: a roadmap for a roadmap.

Maybe Bioware should pay attention as it seems everyone loves a roadmap...

PS. Hopefully that's a good summary but stick me on a yacht with the wife in the Mediterranean if wrong.
                            Last edited by Digfox; 29-07-2020, 22:46. Reason: Maybe I need a holiday, typed RSI instead of CIG. Doh!

Comment

I bet they were rubbing there hands with glee when the pandemic happened....they had a excuse to delay things further

Actually tried the most recent version.....buggy and unoptimized to hell, some impressive moments but just looking around the places is boring and not much gameplay, just feels like a few separate proof of concept moments rather than a game
                              Last edited by eastyy; 30-07-2020, 02:16.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                                I bet they were rubbing there hands with glee when the pandemic happened....they had a excuse to delay things further
                                A delay implies something will be finalised, I don't think that's something will happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X