No announcement yet.

Chris Roberts' Star Citizen [PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocking news for 2021. Squadron 42, the single player part of Star Citizen, has disappeared entirely from their roadmap: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidth...h=7316c0191064

Quick, give Chris Roberts some more money.

Comment

Free to play for this week
      Roberts Space Industries is the official go-to website for all news about Star Citizen and Squadron 42. It also hosts the online store for game items and merch, as well as all the community tools used by our fans.

Comment

There’s something to actually play?

Comment

70GB of something is downloading....

Comment

I bought this for about £20 when I first bought my PC around 7 years ago. I've updated the RAM and GPU twice since then and when I tried it a few months ago somehow the game ran worse than it did the first attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              70GB of something is downloading....
              Thats a lot of storage for a few lines of text that ask you to buy more ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                I bought this for about £20 when I first bought my PC around 7 years ago. I've updated the RAM and GPU twice since then and when I tried it a few months ago somehow the game ran worse than it did the first attempt.
                Since buying the game I have left PC gaming, returned to it, left it for PS4, returned to it and upgraded my GPU. I might try it again. Does it support VR?

Comment

Nope, they want to add it but like the rest of the game its in perpetual TBC mode. I can't imagine it's coming any time soon

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    Since buying the game I have left PC gaming, returned to it, left it for PS4, returned to it and upgraded my GPU. I might try it again. Does it support VR?
                    Give them some more money and they might add it to the road map in the future and dangle it as something you can pledge against that they may or may not develop

Comment

Lol this game. I sincerely hope this eventually gets finished.

I wonder which will appear first:

The Winds of Winter
                      The Door of Stone
                      Star Citizen
                      Elder Scrolls 6

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                        Lol this game. I sincerely hope this eventually gets finished.
                        Why would Chris Roberts do that? There's no reason for them to release this game at all - they can just continue to milk the cow doing what they're doing. At this point I think it's all a big experiment to see how far they can push it

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          Why would Chris Roberts do that? There's no reason for them to release this game at all - they can just continue to milk the cow doing what they're doing. At this point I think it's all a big experiment to see how far they can push it
                          I saw one estimate that they've spent 275m on this bad boy so far.....surely it has to result in a completed game at some point

Comment

No. It wont. For the reasons Marty stated. Its a long con and always was.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                              I saw one estimate that they've spent 275m on this bad boy so far.....surely it has to result in a completed game at some point
                              Spent on what tho? And when people raise the perfectly reasonably question of how much is Chris Roberts paying himself out of that, the fanboys come out defending him saying "it's none of your business". When you have that level of fanatacism, there's zero need to release anything as those defenders are going to continue to plough money into their sunk cost fallacy.

It's not going to be released, because Chris Roberts can simply keep stretching out the alphas and getting people to pay for non-existent ships rather than risk releasing an unfinished mess that will kill the cashcow dead.

Comment

I've got no dog in this fight - I'm just watching with fascination!

Comment

Working...
                                X