No announcement yet.

Chris Roberts' Star Citizen [PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me either really, I have access to the alpha and I can't remember how I got the game now (I think it might have been a review code years ago) but I still get a weekly email offering me the chance to pledge cash.

Sadly I don't think this game can ever fulfil the promises its made because every time they offer more stuff for pledges they dig a bigger hole for themselves. If it ever does get released in whatever form, it's going to be dominated by all those people who've ploughed thousands into all the extra gear, so it's going to be very unbalanced experience for the base players.

Comment

Elite dangerous is definitely getting to more what Star citizen promised though have heard there was controversy about that to

I think at some point the bubble will burst with star citizen ...what i have played is a bit of mess though does have some amazing looking parts but the amount of time and money put in i cannot see where it went.

I seem to recall one of the earlier stretch goals was at 6 million...100 star systems.....and they have only done 1 so far and that is still not 100% complete
      Last edited by eastyy; 27-09-2021, 23:23.

Comment

Who needs NFT's?

Comment

Imagine spending $40k on ships that don't exist for a game that doesn't exist. That is just bonkers.

Even if the game DID exist (in finished format) it would be bonkers.

I mean...it's a videogame! They cost £70 at most!

Comment

Cloud Imperium Games has laid out a five year development plan.

It plans to expand its staffing in Manchester so that the company grows from 400 employees to 1000 by 2026. Within the next five years CIG plans... *snort*… they plan... *snigger*…inhale... and they plan to develop *guffaw ha ha ha!*… they plan to make several...

… deep breath, compose myself...

They plan to develop several sequels to Squadron 42. They still don't know when the first one will launch.

Ha ha ha ha ha! Oo-hee, ha ha ha ha!

Comment

Guess it's time for another round of "pledges".

Comment

Sigh. Why is this running joke allowed to carry on.

Comment

There's good grounds for a lawsuit here if the people who bought the really expensive ships claimed they thought they were buying real spaceships.

Comment

Elizabeth Holmes would have been proud.
                    Last edited by Mr Ono; 17-01-2022, 12:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      There's good grounds for a lawsuit here if the people who bought the really expensive ships claimed they thought they were buying real spaceships.
                      By the time this game gets a release, we will be buying real spaceships.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
                        Elizabeth Holmes would have been proud.
                        The Ranos, expensive ship that.

Comment

Im surprised Chris Roberts and Holmes aren’t married.

Comment

Chris Roberts announces final roadmap for Star Citizen and official release date.

Comment

Ha, close up April fools guys we have a winner, were done here.

Comment

Not sure I'd agree; for these to work, they have to have a semblance of realism to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X