• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedo - what have you done.......

Comment

I have brought joy to the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
        Done deal Barrie if you'd like, split the cost 50/50, so ?90?
        Sure thing!

Comment

Has anybody got dimensions for the Sony PVM/BVM sets? They look kinda deep. Also, what's all this talk of RGB Scart sync issues. I'm not tech-savvy so what could I play 'out of the box', so to speak, without buying extra cabling or accessories?

Comment

Fudoh specifies that the BVM requires a clean sync - as in pure composite sync which is only available from a few machines natively such as the NTSC Saturn units, PC Engine machines and the Mega Drive.

My PVM accepts composite video just fine though. You'd simply need a female SCART to BNC (RGBs) to play anything out of the box - provided you have SCART cables for said machines.

Comment

Well, there's a 20" PVM on ebay at the moment with a BIN of ?50 + ?12 P&P. Shame that SCART>BNC lead is an extra ?30. Can't really splash out that much dosh right now.

Comment

I made mine for a fiver, duno how he can charge ?30 - fair dues though.

Comment

If I buy the PVM can you make me one for ?10? I'm just going upstairs to measure the desk.

edit - never mind, it's a beast!
                  Last edited by acidbearboy; 17-10-2012, 21:10.

Comment

Bit rich for me, but if I had room..

Comment

Haha, I love how we've all been over the same eBay listings because of Fudoh's post.

Comment

**** sakes... Those screen shots from that article are selling to me, big time. The quality looks jizztastic.

On teh list for when we get our own place, I reckon. No room right now.

Comment

I really don't get the love for CRTs. My eyes have taken a right battering of them over the years and I wouldn't have another one given regardless of how good it was.

Comment

Done deal Barrie if you'd like, split the cost 50/50, so ?90?
                            You jammy gits!

Haha, I've been looking for one locally for years.

Comment

Those 4:3 plasmas look f'ing awesome. So much so that I just bought two (they came as a package deal) from ebay. Oh dear.

And by that I want to come and see one in action when they arrive

I remember buying a pretty hefty CRT in the past before that went to a friend's house as part of a project we were going to work on. Was nowhere near as nice as either of those other two, but remember it being hella bulky and having lots of BNC ports on the back.

Comment

Should have it set up by lunch time on Saturday mate. I'll drop you a text when it's done, and if you're in the area just pop round. Off to a gig with the GF at night but should be about on Sunday as long as we stay at mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X