No announcement yet.

Fudoh's ode to old display technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally I'm not fussed about this sort of thing but that Pioneer looks pretty awesome, CRTs are just too bulky but that would be easy to accommodate.

Comment

My only concern is how awful the image looks on early plasma displays.

Although these appear to be professional grade Pioneer screens so maybe they're a cut above. Pretty cool to have a 40" flat display that supports 15kHz regardless though.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        I really don't get the love for CRTs. My eyes have taken a right battering of them over the years and I wouldn't have another one given regardless of how good it was.
        How have your eyes taken a battering?

Comment

RF/composite.

Comment

Shouldn't have looked at that, now searching for one of those Pioneer screens.

Comment

Originally posted by nem View Post
              You jammy gits!

Haha, I've been looking for one locally for years.
              Indeed- I've been looking at 15" screens with native 640x480 resolution for shooting games for a while now but I never thought I'd end up with one this big. Just need to get a stand for it now- ideally some sort of non-tacky cantilever that'll allow me to TATE when necessary. Absolutely cannot wait to see what the Saturn and DC look like on this screen.

Comment

Not to mention it supports 480p.. VGA DC action.

Comment

Oh yes. VGA box is primed and ready. Really want to see how things like the D&D Collection look too. Quite tempted to invest in a supergun in future...

Comment

Looking forward to these turning up in the morning, just hoping the RGB scart to BNC lead turns up too though!

Comment

Mixed results so far. PC-Engine looks brilliant, but only via VGA through the XRGB-2, it won't recognise it direct from the scart to BNC lead? Which to be honest I don't mind as the XRGB-2 lets me add scanlines. NEO next, also looks phenomenal, again no joy with the scart - BNC lead though.

REALLY difficult to get a pic, but the PCE:

AES:

Pics aren't doing it justice to be honest, it looks fantastic. I'll pop in to work tomorrow and get my good camera to try and show it better.
                      Last edited by Colin; 20-10-2012, 13:51.

Comment

Hmm, that's strange indeed..

Comment

Haven't got too much time to play about with it as we're off to a gig tonight, but with the retro stuff the screen is black though you can see a shadow of what should be there. The Panasonic Q shows, but isn't great. Like I said, happy to keep running the XRGB-2, though I suppose the whole thinking was I shouldn't have to any more. Maybe it's the fault of the scart-BNC lead?

Comment

May just be the colour values are off. May need some caps in the SCART to BNC..

Comment

Having a 40" 4:3 panel I can chuck in to tate mode this easily is definitely going to be an absolute winner!

Comment

Oh man, that looks totally awesome. What's the picture quality like via RGB scart and VGA?

Comment

Working...
                                X