No announcement yet.

Fudoh's ode to old display technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sort of stand did you get with yours? Can you post pictures?

I've spent hours searching for one for mine but I'm not 100% sure of what would fit the mounting holes properly. Pioneer couldn't tell me either!

Comment

It's in bits in the garage, but I'll try and take some photos for you. There is basically a big metal floor piece, inside which two large metal cylinders (maybe 5' tall) stand. A bracket slides up and down these tubes, fixed at the desired height with alan key nuts. The frontside of the bracket had some bits of wood attached for extra support - the viewing angle could be tilted forward or back. There is some pretty heavy duty metal framework on the back of the tv set itself - does yours have this?

Also, what sort of cabling are you using with yours - and with what console inputs - JP or Euro Scarts if you use them? Cheers
      Last edited by acidbearboy; 09-10-2013, 15:19.

Comment

Here you go Decider-VT, though you'll have to piece it together in your mind! It's made by Unicol, Oxford.

Floor Stand

Bars

Bracket for Bars (side)

Bracket for Bars (front)

Hinges for TV

Back of TV (from above)
        Last edited by acidbearboy; 09-10-2013, 15:20.

Comment

Ah, so it's a cantilever stand? (Thanks for posting the pictures!)

Mine don't have those extra bits of metal framework, so I'm assuming that they're part of your stand.

I've just been swapping VGA cables from PC>360 and back again with mine, until I get my VGA switches unpacked and properly set up. Once I've done this I'll be running my XRGB3 units into it via VGA as well.
          Last edited by Decider-VT; 09-10-2013, 17:54.

Comment

Ah, so no scart connections then. I'm trying to find out which cables I need to hook up my consoles that aren't VGA:

Saturn JP Scart
            Snes US Scart
            Neo Geo CD JP S-Video
            PS1 PAL Scart
            PS2 PAL Scart/Component
            Xbox PAL Scart (might have a VGA cable for this, can't remember)
            Gamecube PAL Scart
            Wii PAL Component

I saw the retrogaming cables site selling cables for the Sony BVM/PVM sets (here) and also some homemade stuff on shmups.com, such as this and this, but all sellers warn that they're wired Euro Scart NOT Japanese 21 pin RGB. I'm also wondering if Component cables can be plugged straight into the monitor using BNC>RCA adapters.
            Last edited by acidbearboy; 09-10-2013, 21:08.

Comment

Hi,everyboy ,iam new here,but not new in the Game
              I love the PDP V-402 Pioneer.Last week i bought ca 30 ones of it and the condition is amazing.All with stand and remote.
              Do you know this video with the black filter mask on the tube of the pdp?
              I think it looks amazing.Anybody here who dit this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BuCUl6FuY

Comment

I’m looking at replacing my Trinitron with one of those space-saving B&Os. Any particular ones to look out for? Looking for ~25” size 4:3.

Comment

Working...
                X