Star Wars Episode 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Episode 7

Reuters has tweeted that Disney is buying Lucasfilm and they're bringing out Star Wars Episode 7 in 2015. Am I victim of a misplaced April Fool? It's Reuters confirmed account! Let me search for details...

Buying Lucasfilm including Star Wars for $4.05 billion.

Forbes - http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavi...-4-05-billion/

"Kathleen Kennedy, now co-chairman of Lucasfilm, becomes president of the company, reporting to Disney Chairman Alan Horn. She’s also act brand manager for Star Wars. The announcement said she will serve as executive producer on new fils in the franchise, with Lucas as creative consultant. The announcement notes that Star Wars Episode 7 is scheduled for release in 2015, with more films expected to follow."

The full press release is here - http://www.businessinsider.com/disne...illion-2012-10
    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 30-10-2012, 19:16.

So I wonder if this will this be based on George Lucas Star Wars or the Timothy Zahn sequels?

Disney will whore out the Star Wars universe even harder than Lucas managed. Pixar haven't exactly shone since being acquired by Disney and Star Wars has been poor for yonks anyway.

Comment

I don't know how to feel about that. While I'd love to have some new star wars films which were actually good, the chances are more likely that i'll end up with new films that aren't.

Comment

Lol, exactly, it couldn't possibly be any worse than the prequel trilogy. Now that Lucas doesn't control the entire thing and everybody involved in it, it might actually be decent.

Comment

I don't know what will constitute a good star wars film. Perhaps one that isn't 99% CGI would be a good start.

Comment

As long as no one messes with the Indiana Jones Trilogy, then I'm cool with Disney. Star Wars has been fecked for a long time, they can do what they like with it.

Comment

This is great news! Why? Disney can't give up the chance to make tons of moneyz by finally releasing the original versions of the trilogy. And sequels that are "decent" will only help expand the universe and thus make the prequels seem less impactful. Win win.
              Last edited by JSR; 30-10-2012, 20:12.

Comment

I actually think Star Wars is probably in much, much better hands with Disney. Of course I would be saying the same thing if a small child had bought Lucasfilm. Or a dog. Or odd rodent. Still, Disney may actually make a decent, or at least better, movie.

But, for me, I achieved quite a wonderful closure after seeing Ep3 and have had no desire to experience any more Star Wars. Never checked out the Clone Wars or any of that. Can't even enjoy the originals any more. I can't imagine I'd even enjoy untouched versions if they got a release. It is now a sort of sad curiosity and, like this, sometimes an interesting news story.

Still, if Disney made a good movie out of it and word of mouth after release was all positive, I'd probably go and see it.

Comment

I've never been so conflicted in my life!

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
                    I've never been so conflicted in my life!
                    I know, I can feeeelll it in you

Seriously though, I am in the same boat. When I just read the headline it was pure shock but based on Tron Legacy Disney can treat old property with care and attention. And to be honest I will be happy with some new Star Wars films. The cinema has been dull over the last few years on the sci fi front since Episode 3. Having sat through Transformers 2 and 3 I will take anything with light sabres in it right now

Comment

Predicting Star Wars world in Kingdom Hearts 3 - you heard it here first!

Comment

Still waiting for Vadernoooooooo.jpg.

Comment

So what does all this mean for SW games? Just what we always wanted, it's social and mobile games: http://techcrunch.com/2012/10/30/dis...r-wars-gaming/

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                            As long as no one messes with the Indiana Jones Trilogy, then I'm cool with Disney.
                            Hate to break the news to you, but...

As for these news? I would have been shocked about this... If it were 1996. Like Dogg already said, sadly, almost anything is better for Star Wars than the demented Lucas. Maybe we'll actually get an awesome movie now, lord knows the parts are there for one.

Comment

Lucas has completed his whoring and gone over completely to the Dark Side. F him, he hasnt a clue and Disney wanna release a movie every couple of years? F them too, they aint getting my money.

Farr King 4 billion?

Comment

Working...
                              X