No announcement yet.

Animal Crossing 3DS / Tobidase! Doubutsu no Mori review - SPOILERS ALERT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent stuff, cheers man. Top town too!

Comment

Nothing to yours! Holy moly!

Comment

Anyone got a good price on turnips today? I`m at 86 bells.
        Last edited by huxley; 18-12-2015, 18:29.

Comment

Well im suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper late to this version hell even this thread has been dormant for 5 years lol. Decided that i need to play this as it's the only animal crossing game i have never played and it seems like there's a lot in this one too however a lot is now locked out & lost thanks to online events. Ordered the welcome + version with the update built in i just need to wait for it to arrive from amazon J. In the meantime i hacked my old 3DS to install checkpoint save extractor on it so i can get my save file out and use the save editor to insert the stuff like the bloody 7-11 camper van and the one with Holden in it as those events ended a eon ago and there's no way i'm missing out conveni furniture it's my most loved set.

Just need to get my hands on the 2 amiibo card sets that go with this game but they are damn pricy now especially the sanrio set that was given away at 7-11. I have noticed there are a lot of knockoff nfc cards now on ebay gonna have to be careful.

Look forward to starting this and playing along side new horizons on switch.

Comment

[MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] seeing as you have played a lot of this i thought you'd be the person to ask. As online play will pretty much be dead at this point is there anything in this game that needs online to upgrade? Like the shops ect as in the ds version you could only get the final nookingtons upgrade stage of the shop if a online visitor came to your town & bought something from your shop.

A lot of the stuff i can add into my game via the save editor but i would like to try & get most of it normally if possible. Apart from online town visiting & sending letters is there anything else that relied on the online connection?

Comment

I don't think there was. Remember to plant your perfect fruit rather than sell it.

Comment

Anyone got a good nip price? Languishing in the 60s here. These Nook boys are taking the piss and liable to get their shack burnt down.

Edit: I've got three nursery bamboos going spare if anyone wants to start a grove?
                Last edited by Golgo; 10-04-2020, 11:21.

Comment

you might have picked the wrong thread golgo this is the 3ds game. I revived it as i have the game coming & had questions, if you do mean the 3ds game & nip prices if so i'll shut up now hehe

Comment

Darn...thanks (and curse you!) Importaku, I'll re-post heheh

Comment

The more i learn about this game the more new horizon seems to be lacking content in comparison but i know that nintendo hasn't shown us even a fraction of what they have planned and their tactic this time is to slowly send out unlock keys periodically as the updates are not that large in size so they are obviously not adding in huge chunks of the game just unlocking access, i truly hope that they add in as much stuff as new leaf seems to have gotten.

While new horizons is leaps ahead in looks. It's crazy just how much stuff there is in new leaf, i never knew you could play some pretty fun minigames it's almost like going back to the famicom games in the gc versions yay, i know back in the gc ereader days you could download some really basic single screen minigames but these ones seem pretty fleshed out. I really can't believe i passed this one over i was kind of burnt out by the time i had done with the DS one stupid me in hindsight lol. Thankfully my copy is now in the post along with the amiibo, my 3ds is hacked and ready to help get the most out of this one on stuff i may not be able to get normally anymore.

Gonna be tough going back into one in Japanese but i'll adapt hehe.

Comment

Finally got the new leaf today i have gotten to the point i could save just so i could generate a save file to finally see if the whole save extractor would work or if there would be anti homebrew updates in the cart. Thankfully it seems on both my 3ds consoles i can play it, i use my original 1st gen 3ds with checkpoint to extract & restore the saves and then i pop it into my new 3ds after save editing to continue playing.

It was a lot of effort and messing but the reason i wanted to do all of this was for these 2 visitors at the campgrounds, both are forever gone now as the online connection to add them into your game to visit has long ended so you cant do it officially but you can use the save editor to inject them into your game.

The 7-11 RV that Filly drives full of the 7-11 furniture set YAY

And the Fueki RV that Holden drives containing the creepy Fueki set of furniture

Comment

Working...
                        X