Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some friends want to go through story content starting with ZM, so I suppose I am.

Gear seems cheap...
    Last edited by dataDave; 19-07-2013, 02:25.

Comment

Okay, we're playing on Bahamut.

They are only Rank 4 so it looks like we'll need to pay The Shadow Lord a visit before we can start ZM.

Comment

If there first time players they're sure find the storytelling to be pretty basic until you start moving into the ToaU mission, where the CS's start getting better and then go to levels you would find in a standard FF game once you hit WoTG which is i think the best storytelling SE has ever done in the FF series, linking everything together.

Tox, Wedge and i are on bismark, which aza and myself working on the new content on adoulin which for the recent patches has made adoulin alot more friendly to soloer's and small groups(its almost a mini-metriod with the upgrade abilties for getting around the maps). You'll find nearly everything is cheap nowerdays with the best equipment coming from Adoulin via event/boss drops using point systems, and they are leagues ahead in stats and dmg compared to old AH gear.

Comment

So, the general jist would be to just cane it up to 99 then pimp out your char.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
            If there first time players they're sure find the storytelling to be pretty basic until you start moving into the ToaU mission, where the CS's start getting better and then go to levels you would find in a standard FF game once you hit WoTG which is i think the best storytelling SE has ever done in the FF series, linking everything together.
            ToAU wasn't that great storytelling wise, but WotG F**K ME! That was awesome.That Windurst[S] Quest line is the best FFXI has to offer.

Comment

Erm.. macros...

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                So, the general jist would be to just cane it up to 99 then pimp out your char.
                If you plan is just to have a crack at the mission and event content pre-adoulin, a level 99 characters in any standard abyssea starter/ lvl90+ AH gear will easily get you through it. Wedge built himself a adoulin starter gear from nothing pack using the bayld point system and got a pretty good great axe from a few event he and I did in adoulin small group events.

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                ToAU wasn't that great storytelling wise, but WotG F**K ME! That was awesome.That Windurst[S] Quest line is the best FFXI has to offer.
                ToaU was decent had has great music, plus those epilogue generals quests really set the tone for what was to come in WotG. For me san'd quest line was the best and now has hooks in to the adoulin mission line to do with the "north".

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  Erm.. macros...
                  make custom buttons that activate abilities/spells/change gear and are mapped to ctl + number or in mycase quick selection on the joypad(360pad).

stuff like

/Ja "Provoke" <t>

this activites job ability Provoke and uses it on the current target selected.

/ma "Blink" <me>

this casts Blink on yourself with out having to target yourself 1st

/ws "Tachi: Enpi" <t>

this uses the weaponskill Tachi enpi on the selected target (if you have the tactical points)

/equip Head "Wizards hat"

this changes your current hat pieces to what you put in the quote marks, as a lot of FFxi gameplay involves swapping gear in and out for certain tasks, like you have set for TP getting, Weaponskills, Defense, Acc, running away, Refresh, MP resting, fast casting, magic dmg, magic mac, certain self buffs, JA improvments.... etc etc

Get yourself Windower 4.0, http://www.windower.net/ improves a lot of visible/graphical gameplay stuff.

Comment

Yeah cheers man, I'm already on Windower. The default visuals were laughable.

For macros I've made **** even better than the last time I had it set up. The first page basically shortcuts me to each page for tiers/enfeebles/buffs/etc. Each element is placed besides its dominant element so I can fast-track relearning the elemental wheel, and I've even configured my Naga Hex side-buttons to resemble the elemental wheel as well.

I got all the way up to tier III and then realised I'd forgotten about the equip syntax for my staves. :/

No way do I have time to get them all in tonight. I think this whole weekend will be spent on macros and learning about what's changed since 2007.

These macro books are a God-send as well.

Comment

FFS, I just get my WiiU after nine months of convincing my wife and after two days I'm back on this...

Comment

I'm well out of the loop on this now, but I think there may be an all in one elemental stave now.

Comment

Yep, the NQ ver is very cheap.

still pales compared to this thing, a personal loot drop in an 500man max alliance fight similar to a besieged.

Comment

That's sick.

Comment

Them stats are stupid! How did this not piss of the player-base who have worked for what was the best!?

Comment

Because there is a new best to work for and the monsters in delve are well beyond REM fodder. The game needed to move on, it can't cater to the hardcore who are dependant on uber weapons and zergs, locking out newbies and casual players, Abyssea era in all honestly needed to be left behind to find that middle ground of 2007 hardness with casual play. People still playing the game don't give a arse about REM now and I've joined them from my original stance.
                                Last edited by Tobal; 20-07-2013, 17:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X