Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, despite me thinking the endgame was tailored for the masses it turns out that it's actually worth taking seriously after all?

I like a challenge that doesn't take up 12 hours a day.

I'm still on Bismarck, btw... But I'll be moving to Bahamut soon to join my RL friends. Shame.

Comment

Endgame has changed massively if have Sky, Limbus, Dynamis and camping Land Kings in your head.

Abyssea came along and flipped the table for the big end game linkshells and hardcore timestinks, it was suppose to be the last hurrah before 14 took over, it gave us some brilliant equipment that everyone could aim for(in baby steps) but also gave us atma/amacite which was effectively god mode which by the working your way through the abyssea content made game super easy. But as you know 14 sucked balls and 11 is still going.

how the game looks right now to me is Adoulin has moved the gear/weapon goal posts so far ahead of pre gear it now even comes with a new tag call <iL 100+>, now all the old content can be easily done with a small group players using basic auction house equipment. But the newer adoulin stuff is layered similar to modern mmorpg's in that you work through basic events to tool yourself up to handle the bigger events. (which they royally messed up for 3/4 months after launch by creating a massive gap between event difficulty and creating timestinks to enter beginner events that made them a chore to start, which now almost fixed)

how stuff works now.

Pre-Adoulin -
      Dynamis - solo/lowman - changed to a time limited dungeon you can enter for free to build currently useless Relics weapons, can also get a few decent relic armours easily with the massively boosted drop % and upgrade to +2 versions.

Salvage 1 & 2 - lowman - 1hr:30min dungeons than lock your stats/JA/magic and you earn them back, as a ton of tricks to it that causing monsters to pop under certain conditions. ver1 s for basic gear(built for lvl75), ver2 is harder(built for 99) with upgrades for it.

New Nyzul Isle - 5/6 man 30 mins dungeon crawl. Make it to floor 100(or floor 80*5) boss for uber gear that still good today. Pretty hard and does need luck on your side when it comes to random jumping floors on the teleport pad.

Abyssea - home of the empyean gear, similar to dynamis but you can upgrade your basic stats to low man bosses and exp into the millions. Worth getting a complete set for empy armour for any main job still.

Voidwatch - 6-18man alliance fights vs hard mobs, requires tactical use of temporary medical potions to avoid damage and a spread of weapon and magic types to stun lock the enemy. Drop rates on then uber equipment are super **** in the <1% margins.

----
      Adoulin events

Reives - all the fields and dungeons have this nests your attack which pop monsters, anyone can join in, earn Bayld points and buy basic start gear. You need to do some leg work for key items that let you damage different types of reives, and open up quick access to different parts of the maps via traversal skills and warp points(which when done left you get everywhere fast)

Coalitions OPs - mini quests that earn your bayld points, anything from collecting, killing, HELM, to cheering on npcs. Do these helps the coalition rank up and offer players more support and weapons/gear to buy with bayld (currently with a iL of 100-103).

Skirmish - 6 man trailered dungeon crawl - using various item that choose time-limits, what to kill and where you do it to get weapons(iL-105) and various spells for GEO/RUN

Wildskeeper ver1 - 3 mega bosses anyone can join in one on, buy a key with your bayld and enter into the boss pit everyone fights together and you get your own personal loot ith 1 item 100% guaranteed . Drops iL 105-110 gear.

Delve Bosses - 20 mins 6-18 man fights - pretty damn hard and a tight time limit, best done with 18 people, lets you get a key item that lets you buy drops from delve (6 Key items in all) that range from iL 107 to 115

Delve fracture - 45 mins dungeon crawl, 18 man - features all the bosses at once and various little mobs, everyone aims for the little mobs to get points to buy the delve items.

Delve Mega Bosses - as part of delve fracture, killing the normal bosses opens them up, they drops iL 115-117 equipment, mega, mega hard, something for serious endgame linkshell to do

Wildskeeper ver2 - 2 more mega bosses, drops iL 110-117 gear.

Next up in august update - Skirmish ver 2, to bridge the gap between everything else and Delve.

---

And as far as gameplay changes go, Makes sure you have the local regional signet on, its makes massive difference for fighting ep-em monsters. Defence now matters as monsters will now hit you a lot harder the lower it is and makes you think about using abilities like berserk and Counter stance, and so stacking def now works to.

Comment

There are only 6 KI's for Delve Bosses? I have done Ceizak II and Morimar IV.

Me and Tobal both got some nice new gear lately, Wildskeeper Reives all done and picked up a 245 DMG G.Axe, +12 STR +12 VIT G.Axe Skill +188 Parry +188 Store TP +8, it has literally almost doubled my damage output.

Comment

I'm helping my friends with the "Whence Blows The WInd" Limit Break quest... Such a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
            There are only 6 KI's for Delve Bosses? I have done Ceizak II and Morimar IV.

Me and Tobal both got some nice new gear lately, Wildskeeper Reives all done and picked up a 245 DMG G.Axe, +12 STR +12 VIT G.Axe Skill +188 Parry +188 Store TP +8, it has literally almost doubled my damage output.
            yeah, 6 ki's divided between 3 areas and tier 1-3 and 4-5, so you only need to kill one from each range to get the buying rights for the rest. And the best way to make plasm is joining fracture delve runs to get 5-7k depending on how good the other players are, other ways including killing normal mobs for delve pop item and using them on yourself will net you a small amount of plasm (like 50 to 150) or killing bosses.

30,000 for a good weapon, 16k for 2 earrings, 15-18k for armour pieces which are all upgradable with alixir items (also buyable with plasm)

also used up 4400 logging points on 23 pieces of relic I didn't have, Ark tachi and red eye shades

Comment

Having a great time on this. Wasted my old BLM testimony on 3x Maat fights that I failed due to Sleep II failing all three times, probably thanks to gimped Enfeebling Magic due to the way leveling works now.

Anyway, hooked up with a couple of my friends and we went to Cape Teriggan to get WHM and BST testimonies, it only took us around an hour to get three of them. My mate took a BST and a WHM one because he has both jobs at 65. Getting there was the best part, none of us had the map so we had to just wing it through Kuftal Tunnel which we all did, individually, without getting lost. Miracle!

I'm at 70 both jobs now, so looking to beat Maat tonight and then get 75 with both jobs tomorrow on my day off. Then it's into Abyssea when I get back from my trip, hopefully my friends will be ready by then too.

Comment

I think its August update part 1 tonight, and from the dev notes the 2nd tier bayld point equipment

Gohnii Armor Set (LV99 WAR, PLD, DRK, BST, SAM, DRG)

Gohnii Morion
                DEF:71 HP+12 MP+18
                STR+19 DEX+16 VIT+19 AGI+16 INT+6 MND+6 CHR+6
                Evasion+9 Magic Evasion+16
                Haste+6%

Gohnii Haubert
                DEF:90 HP+20 MP+27
                STR+20 DEX+15 VIT+20 AGI+15 INT+15 MND+15 CHR+15
                Accuracy+15
                Evasion+12 Magic Evasion+28 Magic Defense+1
                Double Attack+2% Haste+3%

Gohnii Moufles
                DEF:63 HP+25
                STR+5 DEX+15 VIT+17 INT+4 MND+13 CHR+10
                Attack+10
                Evasion+6 Magic Evasion+15
                Haste+4%

Gohnii Brayettes
                DEF:78 HP+30
                STR+19 VIT+11 AGI+8 INT+13 MND+6 CHR+5
                Evasion+16 Magic Evasion+37 Magic Defense+3
                Haste+4%

Gohnii Sollerets
                DEF:52 HP+27
                STR+12 DEX+10 VIT+9 AGI+15 MND+5 CHR+14
                Evasion+14 Magic Evasion+37 Physical Damage Taken-3%
                Haste+3%

Shunedek Armor Set (LV99 MNK, THF, RNG, NIN, BLU, COR, PUP, DNC, RUN)

Shunedek Chapeau
                DEF:63 HP+11 MP+18
                STR+15 DEX+17 VIT+15 AGI+17 INT+15 MND+15 CHR+15
                Evasion+18 Magic Evasion+31
                Haste+7%

Shunedek Tabard
                DEF:82 HP+18 MP+34
                STR+17 DEX+20 VIT+17 AGI+19 INT+17 MND+17 CHR+17
                Accuracy+15
                Evasion+14 Magic Evasion+37 Magic Defense+2
                Haste+5%

Shunedek Gloves
                DEF:56 HP+30
                STR+6 DEX+19 VIT+17 AGI+2 INT+6 MND+16 CHR+9
                Ranged Accuracy+10
                Evasion+7 Magic Evasion+21
                Haste+4%

Shunedek Tights
                DEF:71 HP+15
                STR+15 VIT+8 AGI+10 INT+16 MND+9 CHR+6
                Magic Attack+15 (<--not a typo)
                Evasion+11 Magic Evasion+40 Magic Defense+1

Shunedek Boots
                DEF:45 HP+25
                STR+6 DEX+12 VIT+6 AGI+19 MND+6 CHR+16
                Magic Accuracy+15
                Evasion+21 Magic Evasion+40 Magic Defense+1
                Haste+4%

Wehzeh Armor Set (LV99 WHM, BLM, RDM, BRD, SMN, BLU, PUP, SCH, GEO, RUN)

Wehzeh Corona
                DEF:60 HP+21 MP+35
                INT+17 MND+17 CHR+17
                Magic Accuracy+10
                Evasion+10 Magic Evasion+43
                Haste+5%

Wehzeh Robe
                DEF:78 HP+17 MP+46
                STR+16 DEX+16 VIT+16 AGI+16 INT+20 MND+20 CHR+20
                Magic Damage+10
                Evasion+12 Magic Evasion+47 Magic Defense+2
                Haste+2%

Wehzeh Cuffs
                DEF:52 HP+22 MP+26
                STR+3 DEX+14 VIT+13 AGI+2 INT+10 MND+17 CHR+10
                Evasion+6 Magic Evasion+21 Magic Defense+1
                Cure Potency+8%
                Haste+3%

Wehzeh Pants
                DEF:67 HP+23 MP+33
                STR+13 VIT+6 AGI+9 INT+18 MND+12 CHR+10
                Evasion+8 Magic Evasion+62 Magic Defense+2
                Enmity-5 Haste+3%

Wehzeh Souliers
                DEF:41 HP+20 MP+27
                STR+5 DEX+6 VIT+5 AGI+17 INT+9 MND+10 CHR+18
                Magic Attack+10
                Evasion+16 Magic Evasion+62 Magic Defense+1
                Haste+3%

----

Looks really good for newbies to start with (I will probably get most of the mage/light armour gear), although it is very lacking in TP store which is kills the armour for WAR and SAM for me, but it is noticeable they've plonked enough haste on the melee sets that you can cap haste with one of the many easy to get 6% haste belts around.

Comment

Hmm back to Bayld farming it is.

For TP build I use that TP +5 Neck piece that I got from Yorcia Weald Wildskeeper, then gear change on WS, what I really need is higher defense, the new g.axe has put my dmg up high but mobs still drop my HP quickly so this new set could be good.

Comment

I macro in a couple of sets on war, using http://www.heckdesigns.com/demos/ffx...lators/stp.php to help

5 hit build with aiming for haste/acc/att when using SAM sub
                    6 hit with DNC sub
                    DEF gear for getting smacked in the face
                    WS gear - STR/VIT and WS mods from belts and neck pieces

---

Looking at some of the RUN/GEO AF stats they look good and high in def, so i'm full expecting them to revamp old AF gear in line with this. So got get your AF gear done, then if you want will duo Limbus for coins and upgrades to AF+1, as i'm ready for it. I fully expect a discount similar to the relic +1 to +2 upgrades being cheaper.

Comment

Nice, will check that site out.

I need to work on AF gear, but for Limbus I still need to do missions to gain access.

Comment

I'm about to head back to Abyssea (75 now) after initially starting the Traverser Stone counter. I'm just going to follow the quest line and see how far I get. I have very little clue what happens in there, even after reading all the beginner guides, I suppose I'll have to experience it.

Hopefully there will be an Abyssea influx with the event that's starting on Friday. Anyway, I'm away now until next Monday, I'm going to miss the game,

Comment

Next time your one aza, you up for doing the next set of Adoulin missions as one of the last with a 3 man entry BCNM.

Also the new Bayld armour is out, well the hands and feets at least, but the augments are still HP or MP.

and we should defo get some more Skirmish done for NQ weapons, the +1 editions look 30k items Delve good once you get a good +1 or +2 upgrade on there.

Last edited by Tobal; 11-08-2013, 18:24.

Comment

Cool, I'm up for the new Adoulin missions, will be on tonight for a bit, got 100k bayld so can also pick up that new gear.

Skirmish weps are looking quite good now, some nice updates.

Comment

Quick question if you cancel your subscription on your SE account I assume you character is still there if you ever want to reactivate?

Comment

yeah, reselect the FFXI acc key, then the character to start it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X