Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

logged in for first time in years, every1 seems to be level 99 and every other person has a relic and hnm king gear......

Comment

that would be about right, you can solo a relic, and empy's can be duo'd if you find someone to work with (or in my case dual box).

You get your old character back or start fresh.

exp generally works like this

solo out inthe dungeons or field to 15/20
      Join a gusgan mines exp page alliance, use the level cap system to exp to 30 / 75
      Key,dual box, pay to leech under 70 or exp as mage about 65, melee 70+ in abyssea exp alliances.

last weekend i took a scholar from 30 to 50 in 3 hrs in gusgan which is perfect for subbing, then key'd my DRK from lvl37 to 75 for 4hrs

keying = spending crour(currency in abyssea) to buy keys to open chests that contain temps,exp,crour,items,lights,time while the people around kill monsters for stacking exp gains, you don't get exp at the begining but after building your lights up a bit you can get being getting 610exp a kill incoming from 17 other people killing in the alliance.

If you or wedge need a hand getting started in abyssea send a tell, tickle and i can duo/solo the HNM's that you need the best buffs off to be a killing machine, as it quite easy to whack mobs for 6000 dmg now in abyssea, and with my lvl90 empy on sam i can get about 3000/4000dmg on a ws outside.
      Last edited by Tobal; 25-01-2013, 18:41.

Comment

cool, i thinking about starting over and using 75 brd as a pl and can get that lvld up at some point, dont know yet tho

Comment

is there a windower?

Comment

Comment

tobal did you link your 2nd account to the same SE account as tobal or did u make a new SE account?

Comment

Yep, linked together under one SE acc for 1 card payment and 1 security code tag (my ff14 was once linked there to, now just cancelled memory).

Also any mules you now have can mail a raft of rare/ex items to each other on the same account, but not account to account on the same SE acc.

Comment

doing this way means only need to pay once for the expansion and will work on both accounts?

Comment

Quite enjoyed meeting up with some of you again on this, setting my first goal as leveling DNC for a subjob, doing the quest now, not sure what to sub while lvling DNC though, anyone know whats best?

Comment

I don't know as far as sharing DLC addons, i had all of it before i combined tobal/healing toegther onto one SE acc.

Low level DNC can be anything, but most would choose mnk(hp) or war.

Comment

Each char has to have its own code for the addon so cant share :/

Comment

Is coming back recommended?

How hooked could I possibly get? I do want to play other upcoming games of course...

The game sounds all power level crazy right now. Is there a chance it will go back to normal with this new expansion?

Comment

The games changed alot since you last played, even those that left to go 14, 2/3 years ago don't recognize the game. If your not starting from scratch it would save alot of time opening up the world and exp level caps, but the game is at least soloable with time and if you go looking in the right places you can level to max in a week, which is SE attempt to get new players in to the vast endgame content.

Comment

Good news for Wedge and Tox got a email this morning saying FFXI is having its 1st double XP weekend! Starting 8th Feb! Doesn't count abyssea areas.

Comment

Support ending for Windows XP, you know, for the three people still actually using it.

Comment

Working...
                                X