Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems XI refuses to die, though it may be down whatever the mobile remake nexon was supposed to be doing going super quiet on news(Delayed?) And a small pickup in subs (which seems to mostly 14 players who have rinsed/bored of the last big update and next is long way off and more of the same), along with only developing the PC ver with the xbox and ps2 dead.

What this means is back to once a monthly updates past the original march16 update and surprisingly including new town like story quests for poplar npcs.

Comment

If your around azarenka, SE have a couple of reward events going of which nyzul isle turns the ? ? ? Items to any item in the game bar REMs. If your around for next week log on as im sure you'll have access to it, and double team.

Comment

Cool, sure I'll be on a bit next week, can give that a go.

Comment

A year of FFxi vanishes, over christmas i finished of the last step from tier 2 to 3 for burtgang

and cleared the mega boss for new Dynamis (back to good ole alliance content)

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Time for another annual update: November as the 11th month is normally when XI has a ton of events on and alot geared to new and returning players with being able to play the game or free till the 20/11 and buy the game digitally for cheap. As for me i just play nu-dynamis with a group of euro's on bismark unlock +4 rema and build relic armour+3's, and occionial dabbling to into leveling smithing..

As far as new content since i last chimed in back in January, we've have the development of

Relic shields for crafts, which let them craft exclusive gear and give them skill and HQ chance boost (at the cost of guaranteed failure if it doesn't HQ).

Su4 and 5 auction house equipment made for those with gill or the crafting skill to make it

Nu-Dynamis expanded to a 3rd wave of tough monsters and then got linked to the advancement of +4 REMAD weapons

TROVE bcnm which is a lottery instead of a fight, you opening 9 of 10 chests to chance at some super rare gear from very single end game event bar nu-dyna, can get pretty tense hopefully you won't spawn a mimic before you chicken out or open 9 chests up it will cast thwack on you for instant death.

Ambu now has 4 augment onto capes and starter weapons which can only be leveled up to +2 atm (they're very basic, hopefully +3 due in december will have interesting augments)

Lots of vanity items brought in from the other mainline line final fantasy games, earned from login points, ambu points and various seasonal events and time limited item changes to High level merit fights.
            Last edited by Tobal; 11-11-2018, 15:30.

Comment

I might jump back in again for a bit. I'm feeling all nostalgic over my brief return back in 2013 which lasted three months, that was an excellent little jaunt.

Comment

[MENTION=938]Tobal[/MENTION] What server are you on?

Comment

Bismark, though if you looking for a busy server Asura is where you go (roughly 2000 most times of the day, compared to 200-600 on mine).

Largo from these forums recently returned(to bismark) and picked up Blu which he seems to enjoy playing on and the game is very soloable for all story content, record of eminence (a rough guide/quest system for returners to give you focus and get some equipment out of it) and 1/2 the endgame events (Ambu, merit fights and Omen) using trust npcs to back you up making it almost play like FFXII without the gambit and instead picking the right jobs and A.I. to compliment you. Also alot of basic things have changed since 2013 around the return to super strong skillchains and magic being lower cost/higher damage.

I've as of 2 weeks ago start another legendary weapon grind, a trap i usually fall in to around christmas, this time to make the summoner's mythic, about half way through stage 1 (19/30k alex, 40/100k ichor, 69/150k tokens).

Comment

I do pretty well.

Comment

Sounds great [MENTION=938]Tobal[/MENTION], thanks. I might finally see CoP through at long last. That would be a huge thing.

Comment

Well you would have plenty of story content to go through after CoP, and the cutscenes really pick up to single player RPG standards towards the end of Treasures, after that comes Wings, the 3 addon mini stories, Adoulin and finally Rhapsodies of Vana'diel.

Comment

Is this still running? I heard Square were shutting down the servers.

Comment

none stop since 2002. XIV launch which was then this game was supposed to go in maintenance mode till subs stopped paying in enough to keep it going, but since SE bungled it and took years to come out with v2/ARR they carried on updating it with 2 extra expansions, though at the moment it won't get anything like that again and it's generally 1 new big endgame event a year, and monthly updates to for new equipment/job adjustments and to rotate ambu monster events in and out for something new to fight.

In other news i finished the Nirvana mythic for summoner in about 4 weeks... what a grind.

Comment

surprisingly well done article from kotaku ont starting XI in 2019 having never touched it before.

Comment

An interview with the current heads behind XI and some information on what it takes to keep XI working after now hitting 17 years.

Famitsu recently did an interview with Final Fantasy XI Producer Akihiko Matsui and Director Yoji Fujito where they discussed the future of the MMO that is currently celebrating its 17th anniversar…

Comment

Working...
                                X