Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
    Ifrits not too bad now providing everyone knows to kill his minion when he spawns or it's insta-death for all!
    The Old level 30 Ifirit Fight was even more face roll abilities wise - plus it wasn't level capped but if you didn't kill the spike then he one shot you with Hellfire. Max Level Ifirit's abilites were so different plus he summoned 4 spikes which each individually reduced the power of Hellfire.

Comment

Real men did Ifrit Extreme for Relic! One nail/feather? Bah try 23 of them

I think Wedge saw how bat**** crazy that version was when I streamed it.
      Last edited by Rep; 11-07-2013, 14:34.

Comment

I like the PS3 pad controls. Bar the awkward targeting at times, I think it works a treat. Everything you can do on the PC you can do on the pad with some nifty button combos - obviously not as fast in some circumstances, but it's not a fast paced game and I can live with that. The combat certainly doesn't seem to be effected bar the odd targeting issue mentioned.

If you want to zoom out on the pad, hold L1 and move the right stick back and forth
        With targeting with a pad, I found it became a lot easier when I realised that left and right on the d-pad scrolled between different enemies whereas up and down scrolls through the party members.

This became a godsend for WHM when you have to focus on curing but also expected to dish out some quick nukes or DOT spells.

Regarding Ifrit, the main scenario quest battle against him was always a joke. Its the proper L50 fight where things get interesting. There isn't any L50 events in the this beta phase really so it's impossible to comment on how hard endgame is going to be.

My big concern is how boring the stats are on the high level gear (especially AF).
        Last edited by C'; 11-07-2013, 16:37.

Comment

Hitting "confirm" on whoever the cursor is highlighting will also default the cursor to that person, great if you're a WHM.

Comment

See that the EU recommended worlds are the non-legacy world Cerberus/Moogle/Odin/Shiva .

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
              Tickle where do i find the leve? As my duty finder is locked out, im level 11 now, not sure what are the requirements to unlock it are?
              Not sure if you found this last night? If you just follow the main story missions you will get a notice telling you the Leve's are now unlocked. The story tells you to go to a camp and talk to the levemate. Once you do the initial quest for this person they are then unlocked.

If you want to zoom out on the pad, hold L1 and move the right stick back and forth
              Legend!!

Originally posted by C' View Post
              With targeting with a pad, I found it became a lot easier when I realised that left and right on the d-pad scrolled between different enemies whereas up and down scrolls through the party members.

This became a godsend for WHM when you have to focus on curing but also expected to dish out some quick nukes or DOT spells.
              Did'nt know this!! Thanks. Got abit more used to the PS3 version last night, its defo nice to have it and being able to swap from PC to PS3.

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
              See that the EU recommended worlds are the non-legacy world Cerberus/Moogle/Odin/Shiva .
              I assume these are just for beta? As it says different in the world transfer page.
              Last edited by djtickle; 12-07-2013, 10:22.

Comment

I actually think they've really put thought into the PS3 controls. After the initial shock of playing an MMO on a ps3 pad, after a bit of getting used to it you find everything is quickly and easily accessible with little to no fuss. Perfectly happy with them, and two PS3 copies preordered for me and the missus

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                  I assume these are just for beta? As it says different in the world transfer page.
                  There was a Dev Post shortly after they updated the information about the Servers kinda Debunking Ragnarok as an EU preferred Server - I think because so many NA people have left it once Transfers were Open. But at the moment it looks like out of the Ten Legacy Servers; Eight with have decent populations whilst Ridill and Ragnarok look pretty empty at the moment.

Comment

#TeamExcalibur

Also who's actually on Moogle server? I logged onto it earlier and there's no one outside the people invited on the first day of phase 3. I think Rare has already offered to help once.

Comment

I still prefer 1.0's menu system lol and action bars, I'm fine with 2.0's but for me 1.0 made more sense at least as far as using a controller, I have found on 2.0 at around lvl 30 is when the first action bar fills up, going up and down is not as fluid as before and I'm wondering how well it'll work with lvl 50 and all the main skills and job skills. On 1.0 you could line things up so easy, a quick up or down tap on dpad was all that was needed, menu's for items were also easier. FFXI seems ridiculously simple and streamlined in comparison now.

Comment

Thinking about it, I guess sticking stuff on a long cooldown or stuff like buffs on a second action bar could work well, it'll take a bit of time to fully get things setup in a good way.

Comment

Just play WHM then, problem solved Cure > Cure > Cure > Cure > Freecure > Cure II, at least for the first 30 levels

Comment

Killed Ifrit on my new Shiva character yesterday that I created last weekend. I do want to play some more the due to the weather I have a feeling that I might miss the end of the beta! Its a shame that the sun and FFXIV don't mix!

Comment

Final warning that final server transfer applications need to be submitted by July 15, 2013 07:59 (PST) (I think this is 4.59pm UK time but may be an hour out or so as Square's pages have listed this as both PST and PDT so may be best to confirm your application at least an hour before this to be sure).

The World Transfer Application Page can be found here.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a uniform decision on which server will be the "official" BordersDown server so players are spread over two (or possibly three) servers.

I have gone through the forum posts for the last few weeks and have posted below what I think is the current standings so you can see who is playing where if there are certain forum members you wish to share a server with. If any of this information is incorrect, let me know and I will update. For new players who don't have a character that they are transferring, I have included them in the list if they have made an indication of which server they are likely to choose at launch.

Format is - Forum Name (Character Name if they have an old V1 character that is transferring over)

Excalibur
                              apathy87 (Daisuke Oshiro)
                              Bayani Tenzan (Bayani Tenzan)
                              C' (Rare Mihgero)
                              Daragon (Daragon Bismarck)
                              mikewl (Tonco Haemon)
                              Moot (Moot Chicharito)
                              Rep (Repp Penney)
                              shaffy_oppa (Siwon Jeong)
                              talizker (Tali Zker)
                              Tsingtao (Tsingtao Seraphite)

Moogle
                              MrKirov (?)

Ragnarok
                              dataDave (?)
                              djtickle (Omega Prime)

shaffy-oppa and talizker, you guys have both posted at different times that you will be transferring to Ragnarok and Excalibur, so I've taken your most recent post when I've entered you in the above list. If this incorrect, I apologise, but let me know and I will move you as appropriate.
                              Last edited by C'; 15-07-2013, 16:02.

Comment

Not long before phase 4 now HYPE!

This is possible?

Also happy birthday Wedge
                                Last edited by Rep; 14-07-2013, 11:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X