Youtube and vimeo video thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    @ 1.54 - aaaahhh the good old friend of mine!! - the nollie pressure flip! .
    A trick I always drag out now n then aswell as the Impossible too, which seems to confuse & wow the younger generation .
    I can do them nollie double flip too. Will have to get a vid of it up on here sometime .

What a clever little chap this fellow is!:

Comment

I'm so easily amused.

Comment

hahah. aces.

Comment

Comment

What's up with this Harlem Shake viral thing?

Anyway, here's where I used to work when I was little. And their version of it. Nutters.

Comment

Comment

My English accent is very good in this one ... or not.

Comment

Good stuff, mofo.

Got a few genuine lols out of me. ;p

Comment

I've watched a few of this guy's videos over the last few weeks and he's a rare breed - a truth seeker with a sense of humour:

Comment

Not really sure why but I love this! I can't stop watching/listening.

Also as an aside, shouldn't the name of this thread be "Youtube and Vimeo Video Embed Thread" or something? I had to check wikipedia to find out what google video even was, and according to that it was discontinued before this version of the thread was created.

Comment

Did I already post this?

Comment

BUSTED!:

Comment

Me and the missus were talking about this the other night after watching an American stinger show doing the same thing.
                            We came to a point which I think is very important.
                            As the guy said in this video, he got all wrapped up in the excitement of doing it online. And at that time it is still just a fantasy.
                            What if this guy would never have actually acted on this excitement naturally, and he wouldn't normally think about it when not at his PC.
                            How do we know that the ones trapping him weren't constantly giving him too good to be true offers and changing the way in which he would naturally think about the situation he is in and causing him to make a decision he would never have taken in the first place?

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not defending him as he has admitted it and deserves every thing coming to him.
                            But how hard is it really to manipulate some one into making such stupid decision through exciting and tempting offers?

But then there is the question, Why is he even in a childrens chat room in the first palce?
                            Last edited by Solar; 28-03-2013, 12:42.

Comment

I think your last question kind of nails it. This guy seemed to knowingly have crossed a line that should not be crossed and that's pretty much the bottom line of that video for me.

But... I kind of agree with your points. I remember in the early days of the internet being pretty horrified by some of the stuff I came across in newsgroups. The web has cleaned up a lot since then but, even now, there are many places that fantasies can be indulged, encouraged and nurtured. Forgetting this guy for a sec, there are so many people in this world who have probably had moments of thinking some crazy ****. The moment passes. Now, it's like it's all too easy to find like-minded people and turn that moment into an obsession. For many, it may only ever be fantasy, role-play. But some are going to cross the line. I'm thinking of that cop cannibal guy recently who argued that it was all just fantasy. It may well have been but it was some pretty dark stuff and he had clearly gone WAY too far and it does seem like he was about to cross the line.

And it makes me think (and I know this wouldn't be a popular view at all) that we actually need to clean up some of the darker corners of the web. Some things, even fantasies, shouldn't be indulged so easily.

Comment

It's definitely a toughie, isn't it, you watch that vid and sort of feel sorry for the guy a little bit...yet the moment he twigs the guy isn't a copper, he just sods off, like he's done stuff like this many times before. It's crap, innit, these are people in positions of authority, bloke is a *teacher*, he KNOWS what he's doing...I know many might argue that 15 is just on the cusp of paedodom but let's not forget that this guy is nearly 50 and has been showing pics of his manflank to minors, online, and god knows what else he got up to before being 'captured' - and this guy is only one of many, far too many.

I appreciate the internet can corrupt but only if you allow it to, there is loads of horrible **** out there but all you have to do is not look, not partake, not play a part in it, not let it taint one. And it cannot be used as an excuse, imho, especially if a person has the reasoning and intelligence to understand the gravitas of his/her actions.

Comment

Working...
                                X