This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
    I think the reason my parcel will have been pulled is it's probably quite large and heavy, but marked with a low value.............
    that old chestnut... Contents: Toy.. Value: $10

i've "touch wood" never been caught out by the customs as of yet.... are they that astute that they would monitor forums?

Comment

Not always the case, though... two of my SNES games incurred fees because of what was stated on the box. (Bit ridiculous to pay taxes on second-hand goods from 1991.) My Ragnarok Odyssey made it through with a larger box marked with a "TOY" declaration and a $17 value... good old VG+.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Hehe! Always makes me chuckle.
        Added Northerner bonus - as a Yorkshireman, you can get away with saying it in standard parlance, here's a hastily, badly-improvised example of this:

Old Yorkshireman 1: Them stairs were terrible - I c*nt get up 'em.

Old Yorkshireman 2: You c*nt.

Old Yorkshireman 1: There were some other stairs, too, I c*nt get up them, either!

Old Yorkshireman 2: I know, you c*nt, could ya.

etc.

We're immune!

Comment

I generally add a week on to the time for delivery if Customs get hold of it...
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Why has the forum started putting subtitles above posts? Or is this some deep conspiracy running like a virus through the forum underworld with the aim of winding me up?

Comment

It started happening around the time all the classic threads got remade, Total Recall-style. Maybe we should put everything back how it was.

Comment

Ah... I updated some "counters". Perhaps I should have turned the site off first... I'll try and do it again before I go to bed tonight when there aren't too many people on.

Comment

Neighbours playing music again, oh the Joy. I asked them to turn it down and they have in fairness. Still just just hear it beating but at least it isn't overpowering our TV now.

Really need to move or move them out.

Comment

I had some idiots slamming their music with the windows open last night between 2200 and 2330. They're about 15 to 20m away from me but it was hard to concentrate on the TV with the volume it was. Luckily I was staying up to watch some TV anyway and they eventually went out.

It's a semi-regular problem for me because I live in a block of flats that is used for holiday lets with the attendant stag and hen parties that involves.

Comment

Work christmas party last night. I sent a message to a girl at work (who had left early) saying I found her interesting and asked if she wanted to get together sometime. She hasn't replied. Now I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow.

Comment

Comment

Lol. Were.

Comment

Re: Little things that irk you 2

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                            Work christmas party last night. I sent a message to a girl at work (who had left early) saying I found her interesting and asked if she wanted to get together sometime. She hasn't replied. Now I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow.
                            Maybe she heard you were looking forward to Scary Movie 8 and Paranormal Activity 12...

Comment

True. Maybe time to find myself a new diner anyways.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Maybe she heard you were looking forward to Scary Movie 8 and Paranormal Activity 12...
                              Haha. Maybe for the best then. As my girl needs to recognise the brilliance of both those movies.

Comment

Crawling home through heavy traffic on the M1. I want to get home for the start of the GP and my shopping is coming at 7.30pm.Can people please stop crashing their cars and creating traffic jams. I am not driving in case people think I am texting and driving.

Comment

Working...
                                X