No announcement yet.

Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just be selective with the ROMs you add, loading up the entire console library is overwhelming for sure but it doesn't have to be that way.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Honestly guys if you want to see retro game scrubs, Instagram is the place to go. People showing stuff off either in horrifying condition or playing games via kit like the SupaBoy, which stretches SNES games into 16:9
      Damn i don't have instagram but now i'm morbidly curious how bad it is on there lol

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Damn i don't have instagram but now i'm morbidly curious how bad it is on there lol
        Haha me too. Would love to see some screenshots.

Comment

I'll keep 'em peeled for some choice examples for you guys

Comment

i have a feeling i may need therapy afterwards

Comment

No way anyone will buy this, but:

The standalone GBC "Diamond" / "Jade" bootleg releases, if boxed, are at least rare (though not particularly valuable). This is just a janky ol' 2-in-1, usually available for around £10-15!

Comment

Have fond memories of those games from a 2002 holiday to Tenerife! Would like to grab a cart of each, even if they're just poorly translated Telefang games.
                Last edited by speedlolita; 25-08-2020, 08:24.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Just be selective with the ROMs you add, loading up the entire console library is overwhelming for sure but it doesn't have to be that way.
                  That's what I've always done. I have a maximum of 30 (40, at a push) games at my disposal for any given console/system at one time. I think the 3DS and the PS2 are the exceptions due to their backwards compatibility.

My three year-old is the one who would rather play either Super Mario Kart or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe because we have those in the house, with pictures. Even better, he knows how to put them in. He's also digging WildTrax at the minute.

It's not just down to a list of ROMz being overwhelming. More that it's still very nice, in a way, to dig out the physical game and get it booted. It's nice seeing my boy get into that through absolutely no persuasion by myself. te+ r0Mz just don't exist to him at all.

I think the first thing I need sorting is an SD2SNES, followed by a MiSTer. That way my SFC won't be totally redundant. After that I can maybe collect the best carts for fun whenever money starts coming back in.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 25-08-2020, 08:45.

Comment

£80 for an untested copy of Shinobi on PC. There's far too many listings for computer games like this on eBay these days.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      That's what I've always done. I have a maximum of 30 (40, at a push) games at my disposal for any given console/system at one time. I think the 3DS and the PS2 are the exceptions due to their backwards compatibility.

My three year-old is the one who would rather play either Super Mario Kart or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe because we have those in the house, with pictures. Even better, he knows how to put them in. He's also digging WildTrax at the minute.

It's not just down to a list of ROMz being overwhelming. More that it's still very nice, in a way, to dig out the physical game and get it booted. It's nice seeing my boy get into that through absolutely no persuasion by myself. te+ r0Mz just don't exist to him at all.

I think the first thing I need sorting is an SD2SNES, followed by a MiSTer. That way my SFC won't be totally redundant. After that I can maybe collect the best carts for fun whenever money starts coming back in.
                      Another thing you could do is make your own reproduction carts. It’s something I’m thinking about doing in the future as retro prices are just getting silly now and I doubt they’ll ever go down and it seems like a fun little project to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        All fair points, but for those people only just getting in to gaming of that era now, who the **** is dropping £300 on some piece of garbage like say an Atari Jaguar (seen loads in sold listings) receiving it and thinking, "yeah, I've made a good purchase here, this is awesome"??? They were crap when you could pick them up for £30 out of simple curiosity. Hundreds of pounds each on relatively common MD/SFC/PCE games? Is everyone earning a fortune these days?
                        £300 for a Jaguar doesn’t seems so bad when retro shops in Japan are charging £500 for one >_<

Comment

Think I'm with Colin on this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                            £300 for a Jaguar doesn’t seems so bad when retro shops in Japan are charging £500 for one >_<
                            Sometimes Japan is a weird sick sick place

Comment

Something like the Atari Jaguar really is a strange curio in Japan, so that's probably why it's so expensive. In the West(especially America) there are diehard Jaguar fans, so they've kept prices for Jag stuff quite high. I have around 10 Jag games -- that's enough for me.

Comment

Not too shocking, but more... interesting? Killzone Trilogy on PS3 is a £30 to £50 game now, significantly higher than most other compilations on the system.

Comment

Working...
                                X