Shocking ebay prices! 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what was so special about this one:

The auctioned game, still in its original 1985 packaging, sold to an anonymous bidder for $114,000.

Comment

Something about being an early print run IIRC. Lots of rich comic collectors getting into the retro gaming market in America right now and throwing crazy money about.

Comment

Yah it’s something to do with a particular hang tab it has. Lot of money for a hang tab. I’d rather buy, like, Er, anything else.

Comment

For £90k I would sell them my sealed N64 carts.

Only one of them mind you.

Comment

Get a load of this:

Dead pixels to boot!

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
              And it all looks manky.

Comment

This is a message I got from Ebay today, after looking at this GameBoy yesterday. Save £100.

Comment

You got to go for it... only 1 left at this reduced price!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

This is a message I got from Ebay today, after looking at this GameBoy yesterday. Save £100.
                    I could always let you have my boxed one with some dead pixels & a few unboxed Pokemon games for £1350 if you like...massive bargain

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                      I could always let you have my boxed one with some dead pixels & a few unboxed Pokemon games for £1350 if you like...massive bargain

Comment

A little bored last night I decided to have a look around eBay to see what the retro market was like these days and it was mind blowing. It would seem there isn’t a single retro system that’s cheap to collect for these days and I can’t get my head around who is paying these prices being demanded for pretty much everything. Back when I did collect each system would have a handful of really expensive games due to genuine rarity, but it would now appear even your mass produced good titles will now set you back more than a new PS4 title???

Even loose carts are bloody expensive which left me thinking that in these days of SD carts, why would you bother? I don’t think it can be people my age who actually grew up with this stuff are paying the prices, but surely we’re the ones with the most connection to it as it’s a reminder of our youth?

Madness.

Comment

A lot of it is now down to youtube, people been told what to buy because it's retro and or valuable.

Comment

Don't believe the BIN prices for most things. I always sell under auction rules and I'm lucky if I ever hit half of what the relative BIN is commanding.

I've got a few things I could be selling off. I need an SD2SNES and/or MiSTer box in exchange for some NGPC and SNES games, however it's not worth it to put them up for auction right now.

Comment

Supply and demand at the end of the day, not much that can be done. I find myself buying less with the ease of sampling stuff though, and what I am buying tends to be because it's inexpensive or I have nostalgia for it. I feel a lot of all this is just greater interest in the past now that the current feels so stagnant.

Key titles are just going up but as dataDave says, there's still deals to be had if you're patient. Depends how much your time is worth I guess though!

Comment

Gaming has only gotten bigger, and more people than ever are keen to explore the libraries of earlier systems. As Speedy says, supply and demand basically.

I know a lot of people are resentful about how many people have gotten into retro gaming, particularly through YouTube, but I think it's a good thing that our hobby is growing rather than shrinking. I don't think there's anything at all wrong with wanting to get into PC Engine for the first time based on research you've done online, for example.

I wasn't around in the 1940s and 1950s, but I love watching film noir

Comment

Working...
                                X