Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been playing a bit of my old GWG Gears Of War Judgment on the 360, as I hear the BC for this ain't optimum on Xbone.

It's another of those stunning-looking late 360 releases that still looks great now. The last gen was such an awesome quantum leap, it forever impresses me.

Comment

[MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION]: just played GTA V on PS3 the other day and couldn't get over how it still looks like a marvel. Flew a helicopter through the city at night and over to the airport and it's jaw dropping. Can't imagine how they improved it on PS4, less mip-map switching and better AA, I guess and 1080p instead of 720p, I guess . The PS3 water effects on a jetski are amazing, with waves, foam and reflections - superb!

Last gen was a beauty!

Comment

Think it's just a more consistent framerate, slightly higher def, an onfoot FPS viewpoint and a handful of new missions. Only goes to show how good the last gen versions look.

Was feeling this way about Bioshock Infinite t'other day as well, it throws so many nice visual fx at you from the very start it almost looks current gen at many points.

Comment

Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare on PS3. I'm having fun with it, I've tried getting into the main RDR campaign several times but I always lose interest, so I'm enjoying this simplistic take on RDR so far, it's actually quite spooky and having not played RDR on PS3 before, it actually looks really nice and not the pale shadow of the 360 version it was made out to be at the time.

Comment

Now just come across a glitch that's made all the non-zombies in this town lose their head, they're just going about their business all headless.

I'm gonna kill 'em all.

Comment

This weekend, any play time I have will likely go on wrapping up Shadow of the Colossus and trying to push on with Monster Hunter World which I have drifted off as the week has gone on.

Once both are done I think I'll be reintroducing some Call of Duty: WWII playtime amidst trying to finish off Mafia III and starting LA Noire Remastered.

Comment

Gonna be more Fallout 4 for me. Just found Swan's Pond. I'm only Level 13 and I have no chance. But bitch is goin' DOWN, by hook or by crook.

Comment

Had a few hours on Ratchet and Clank one of the PSN offerings this month, boring shooter that should have stayed dead 2 gens ago... and the motion blur is perhaps the worst i've seen with no way to turn it off, which for a game that doesn't look great or do anything technically special, i don't understand why it's plastered in vaseline/N64 vision.

Comment

Nights of Azure 2 on the Switch and Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal on the PS4.

Comment

Super Mario Odyssey!

First proper play of it as I have mainly been playing BOTW and watching the bloke play it on his Switch.

Now he has pretty much finished it I thought I'd have a go before I get suckered into BOTW's DLC I keep putting off getting as I know I wont do much else once its downloaded.

Comment

Few hours of Rime this week.

Now I know what it is about thematically I'm finding myself bursting into tears while playing it and thinking about life and the end of it.

Comment

Theatrhythm FF Curtain Call, Splatoon 2, Arms, Mario Kart 8.

Mostly retro though with Wildtrax/StuntRace, Yoshi's Island, and the Phoenix Wright Trilogy (determined to finish these without a guide - I've only ever gotten so far into the first game before).

Comment

Blasted through The King Of Dragons on Capcom Classics 2 on the Phat, been on Yakuza 2 the last couple of hours, it does atmos with ease, it's wowing me despite the HDTV fuzzies, it reminds me why they said it had The Emotion Engine, it's dense with haze and bloom and humanity, I recently completed GTAV and this game makes it feel very soulless by comparison, it has that pizazz.

Comment

Been playing Elite Dangerous on the One X. Looking at how utterly incredible its looks in 4K, just docking in a Space station or coming out of HyperSpace into a Planet orbit is just an amazing experience (that leaves most games standing) never mind trying to play the game.

Comment

Ridge Racer 7, finally.

It's a bit... well... I don't like the powersliding. It just feels weird. It's not at all smooth like Outrun 2, Sega Rally, Daytona, etc(which are all Sega games. Hmm...). Also, sliding while using nitrous is weirdly sped-up like how old films would speed up video of cars to make it look like they're going faster.

And the tyre screeching sound is silly.

I need some more time with it, which will be easy because it's smooth as silk and lovely to look at.

Comment

Working...
                                X