No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im off to wales today for the indoor rowing championships. Im so out of my depth

Comment

Good luck pete, with jokes like your going to need it

Comment

Sorry it was far too early
        I got a bronze medal in the lightweight 30-39 race and smashed my pb.

Massively chuffed. Even got to stand on a proper podium!

Comment

Ah nice one well done fella

Comment

Got a pair of these today: http://www.sportsdirect.com/adidas-b...g-shoes-123101

This was after attempting to do some jogging in my Adidas "skate" style shoes. Really wasn't a pleasant experience.

Not a huge exercise nut but I want to lose some more weight (12 1/4 st currently) and increase my stamina.

Comment

Pete! Nice one

speedy, those adidas look great, with the flex areas underneath. Have you got a plan?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                Sorry it was far too early
                I got a bronze medal in the lightweight 30-39 race and smashed my pb.

Massively chuffed. Even got to stand on a proper podium!
                Well done Pete! Medal and a PB - you must be on cloud 9!

I did the Parkrun in the ice and the rain today wearing my vest, shorts and gloves. Slipped around all over the place but managed to PB with 20:53, so the holy grail of a sub 20 minute finish is well within my sights now!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Pete! Nice one

speedy, those adidas look great, with the flex areas underneath. Have you got a plan?
                  No idea mate. Was just gonna do laps around the estate.

Comment

Dude, here you go: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/beginn...edules/30.html

Follow that. Avoid injury. Have fun.

Comment

Another struggle for me is asthma, although it's not nearly as bad as it was when I was a kid.

Comment

The past couple months I've been tryin to get fit again. Work hours got a wee bit insane and I found I was stuck on my arse entire days barely moving around.... Started to get a bit of a belly, ha

Now I'm loving my running - I did get back to the gym for a few weeks but decided I could do just as much on my weight bench at home - the egos in the gym really put me off.

I probably eat and drink too much but my fitness seems better than it has been for some time. My focus now is to improve my running (hearing some good feedback in Charles' thread helped to give me a boost) and to build up my muscular frame.

I don't have a lot of time free so alongside my key workouts i try to do little bits during my daily routines - like pull ups if someones on the loo or in the shower - pressups or situps when waiting for the kettle to boil, microwave, etc - nice way to pass the time too

And congrats Peter mate!

Charlie, how are the injuries? I have to be careful of my shin-splints
                        Last edited by Adam Stone; 03-12-2012, 08:18.
                        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Welcome to the club, Adam.

Build up your mileage by no more than 10% each week if you're looking to increase distance.

Comment

Thanks mate. It's good to have tips from you guys. I must admit when it comes to running I have no structure currently, I just tend to run until it makes me feel sick, ha - probably not the best technique. I'm going to start taking it more seriously and prepare some realistic goals until Christmas. Like the good old days.

From a superficial, egotistic perspective I would love to get as toned as I was 2/3 years ago. My weight is pretty much identical but I have bits of flabby nastiness on places where it used to be flat! I do like my drink and food too much though....

Anyhow - am excited to share the motivation with you guys
                            ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Hey Adam, book yourself in for a race and then you'll have a goal to aim to. You should be able to plug a schedule together that lets you do strength and running. And join Chichester Runners.

Comment

About 4 years ago i was 18st..bearing in mind i am only 5ft7 tall. In a year i lost 4 st and then lost a further 1 1/2st the following year just by gyming and dieting. I stated doing 10k Runs such as the London 10k and did a half marathon in 2hrs. Then i damaged my ankle ligaments playing football which took me out for 6 months. In that time i went back to my old habits and got lazy, i tried hard to get back into training but it just wasn't the same. A combination of illness and more injuries over the next year and i had undone a lot of hard work and the weight was creeping up. However in the last 3 months I've been training harder and I'm shedding to weight again! I hope to do at least 2 10k runs and half marathon the year coming. I will attempt to achieve the full marathon as well if i can get a place in one.

This is the result of 3 months training. I am hoping to shed another 10-11kg!!

Comment

Working...
                                X