No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the new adios boost 2 at the launch a couple of months ago. It's very similar to the first one. However, the toebox is no longer the techfit that I loved - it is much more like that adios 2, with a more rigid material wrapped around the front and mesh on top. I didn't try it, but it appeared the toebox was smaller too (I guessed about the same as the adios 2), but I have seen someone say it is the same as the adios boost 1 - I have my doubts though. And the rigidity of the wrap will reduce toe wiggle room a tiny bit. Having said that, I'm sat here in my adios 2 right now and they are still great, but the toebox on the adios boost 1 was lush I thought.

http://www.adidas.co.uk/adizero-adio...29708_580.html <<< ?110 - good service, good returns policy,

Same drop (10mm) as the flyknit racer, so should feel similar. Stack looks similar too. However, you won't get more than 400 miles out of them. They aren't super light - 256g for my size, compared to 220g for the Saucony Virrata I'm currently using.

You should try them just so you can try boost.

Comment

Back is killing me, gone gym 4 times in 5 days, 6 hours of exercise. it's summer, I'm off for a few months, going to just kill myself until I become stronger and faster and maybe get rid of this ring of fat on my belly that never sods off no matter how hard I try.

Comment

Heheh go for it.

Comment

I am loving my new trainers.

I did 7.5k in 35 minutes today. Is that average to good?

Comment

Quicker than most

Comment

I can safely say that yesterday was the most extreme race I've done.

Up at 4am (after 3 hours sleep.... ooops), drive to Beachy Head. Watch the first in my team of 6 start running at 7am. Drive the minibus to the next checkpoint. I did stage 5 = run up a hill for 5 miles (from A27 to the top of Ditchling Beacon). OMG. So hard. Then stage 11 = run up a RIDICULOUSLY steep hill for a mile and then run up some more for 3 miles and then wish the last mile of downhill wasn't quite so daftly steep. Then at 6pm start my final stage (17) which was an 8 mile run of awesomeness including a 25% downhill and a 25% uphill. The gap between me and the team in front was 12.5 mins before the start of stage 17 and was only 5 mins by the end (after 1hr 6mins of my PINNING IT till my lungs exploded). At the finish line I couldn't breathe. Literally my lungs and diaphragm had given up from the pain. Not sure if healthy but they recovered as soon as I stopped running. Now... here's a thing. The course record for that stage is 45min OMGOMG. I averaged 4:30/km on that stage which considering the hills was mental for me. Then handed the baton to someone else for the final stage.

So in case it's not obvious, yes I did a 5 mile hill race, followed by another 5 mile hill race, followed by another 8 mile hill race, all in the same day. My heart race did not drop below 170 in any of them and hovered around 178 for most of it. Lunacy. 18-19 miles total.

Finished the 100 miles in 13 hours at 8pm.
              Last edited by charlesr; 08-06-2014, 11:31.

Comment

Well done, that's seriously impressive.

I seem to remember cycling up Ditchling Beacon on the London to Brighton bike ride, wasn't too bad riding up but I can't imagine running it!

Comment

Yikes. That's some good going, Charles. A well deserved recovery week me thinks!

Comment

Couldn't run even if I tried. Can barely get down stairs. Not as bad as previous occasions though.

Comment

Also most of the team were V60s. Fast geezers. Hope I'm still pinning it at their age

Comment

The ACTUAL hardest race in the world: http://www.theatlantic.com/video/ind...-in-the-world/
                        Only 14 people have ever finished in 30 years.
                        100 miles
                        Total height gain 2X+ Mount Everest.
                        Much of it off trail, including map reading.

Vid on that page is 22 mins but it's worth a watch.
                        Last edited by charlesr; 10-06-2014, 11:30.

Comment

Here's me thinking I'm doing well knocking another minute of my 4 mile runs lol!!.. Good going Charles!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            I can safely say that yesterday was the most extreme race I've done.

Up at 4am (after 3 hours sleep.... ooops), drive to Beachy Head. Watch the first in my team of 6 start running at 7am. Drive the minibus to the next checkpoint. I did stage 5 = run up a hill for 5 miles (from A27 to the top of Ditchling Beacon). OMG. So hard. Then stage 11 = run up a RIDICULOUSLY steep hill for a mile and then run up some more for 3 miles and then wish the last mile of downhill wasn't quite so daftly steep. Then at 6pm start my final stage (17) which was an 8 mile run of awesomeness including a 25% downhill and a 25% uphill. The gap between me and the team in front was 12.5 mins before the start of stage 17 and was only 5 mins by the end (after 1hr 6mins of my PINNING IT till my lungs exploded). At the finish line I couldn't breathe. Literally my lungs and diaphragm had given up from the pain. Not sure if healthy but they recovered as soon as I stopped running. Now... here's a thing. The course record for that stage is 45min OMGOMG. I averaged 4:30/km on that stage which considering the hills was mental for me. Then handed the baton to someone else for the final stage.

So in case it's not obvious, yes I did a 5 mile hill race, followed by another 5 mile hill race, followed by another 8 mile hill race, all in the same day. My heart race did not drop below 170 in any of them and hovered around 178 for most of it. Lunacy. 18-19 miles total.

Finished the 100 miles in 13 hours at 8pm.
                            That is awesome. I am knackered just having read it.

Comment

Thanks chaps. I so wish my phone still had batteries for the final stage. I was flying. I really want to know what speed I was doing once the hills were out of the way, because with 4:30 overall, it must have been daftly quick (for me). Because it was a proper race I was very motivated and also there was a huge tussle between me and 2 other guys for about 2 miles at the end. I was in the middle and chased one of them down, but the gap was closing so slowly and similarly the guy behind me was creeping up for ages. Then we all met at pretty much the same time and the one behind made a surge to demoralise us as he went past but that just made me try and stick with him. Unfortunately he was able to keep up the pace and I couldn't stay with him so lost 50m by the finish but lost sight of the one I overtook due to the speed increase. My lungs and intercostals were still hurting yesterday. So exciting though. Really pushing the limits of what I can do.

Comment

Smashed out a new 5k Parkrun PB of 19:08 this morning! Purposely singled out Wolverhampton as the closest, flattest and fastest course to me and probably ran the first 1k a little too hard (10 secs ahead of target pace).

Bitter-sweet because I later found out I'd won the Parkrunner of the month award back at my home event! D'oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X