X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pull up situation is a pitiful 6 forward grip

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
      Good stuff. I remember doing some training with this ba pua/tai chi/hsing i bloke from Germany and it was nuts. Way harder than some of the Tong Long I was used to. Reminds me I must get back into it at some point before I get too old. Keep it up ZM!
      Indeed. Old age creeps up on us all. It dawned on me last year that I'm surely past the midpoint in my life and so, while I still have my health and strength and will, I should invest my time in those things I've always wanted to do before it's too late. Few things sadder than a head full of regrets.

Comment

I made a free course for runners that want to know How to breathe while running. People ask me about it all the time, which is weird seeing as you'd think runners would be able to do that bit But yeah, it covers a few different topics and is probably good for other sports too.

Comment

Did a thing about how to prevent blisters when running. Might help someone.

Comment

I'm back up to running for 40 minutes at easy pace now, all ok.
            Did a tough 20 minute tempo pace today. Tough mentally and physically! I used to do easy tempo runs at 6min/mile for 40 minutes, but this was 20 minutes at 6:45 pace which was about as much as my legs could handle.

Here's my ramp up plan. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

Impressive Charles, way beyond my levels but good luck with it.

I'm still plodding on my Sunday morning 5k, Runtastic though is biz, it keeps missing runs for my trainer mileage - admittedly I only use it for very basic stuff but if it can't get the simple things right...

Comment

[MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] can you recommend a cheapish running waterproof top?
                I'm thinking between £15-40.

I saw the prices on some and my heart beat faster than an actual run...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  @charlesr can you recommend a cheapish running waterproof top?
                  I'm thinking between £15-40.

I saw the prices on some and my heart beat faster than an actual run...
                  Have a look at Decathlon, I got a Run Rain and it's fine. I get a lot of stuff from there and for me they have decent kit and you can go in and try things on which is good.

Comment

Yeah https://decathlon.co.uk is a good start. It won't last as long as other stuff like Gore or Montane but will do the job

Comment

Thanks chaps.

I was already on Decathlon and looking at this:
                      Shop 70+ sports in-store & online, free shipping on select in-app purchases. Free click & collect. 2-year Decathlon product warranty. Members…

So, I'll get something from there, thanks.

Comment

I've been walking from Baker Street to Soho every morning.

Then Soho to Baker Street in the evening.

Avoid the bakerloo line and get some exercise!

Comment

Well done [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION]

Comment

Anyone need a trail shoe? Check out my review of the Saucony Peregrine ISO

Comment

Did a a review of the On Cloudventure Peak

Comment

Meanwhile, still waiting for a date for the meniscus in my knee to be operated on. So frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                                X