X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Nice shoes Charles, very nice.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Meanwhile, still waiting for a date for the meniscus in my knee to be operated on. So frustrating.
    Best of luck with it, hopefully sooner rather than later.

This morning's run was the first of the year through the local park, as there is no lighting I'm limited to running through the streets during the darkest parts of the year Also is a tad longer, the street circuit I do clocks in at 5k, the park run is nearer to 6k but this morning clocked at 6.66 as had to take a detour to waterlogging, knees were creaking by the time I got back, I'll soon need some new ones and a couple of hips as well. Old age is crap.
    Last edited by Anpanman; 23-02-2020, 21:24.

Comment

Imagine how weak yours knees would be if you just sat on the sofa doing nothing!

Comment

New addition to the spare bedroom. Mainly for our two boys who aren’t tired enough at bedtime. Hope the novelty doesn’t wear off too quickly.

Comment

Do a line in the sand. 5 minutes time trial. Say you'll be doing it again in 3 weeks

Comment

Seeing as I can’t get to any classes I’ve improvised some fitness equipment.

Made a box with some wood I had lying around. Handy for step ups, decline press ups and dips.

Filled an empty screen wash bottle for a 5kg weight and the 90 litre holdall makes a fine substitute for a power bag.

I’ve been set a challenge for tonight. Sounds quite hard but I’ll give it a bash.

MK:1000 challenge

200 squats
            200 press ups
            200 step lunges
            200 plank jacks
            200 burpees

Break them down into any size of chunk that suits. And record your overall time.

My ex took 1 hour 20 minutes. Yikes.

Comment

I was breathing hard by the end. Broke it down into sets of 10. The guy that set the challenge did it in 22:46!

Comment

The important question is: how do you take a screenshot of your watch?

Comment

Press the crown and other button simultaneously. That’s on an Apple Watch running the latest OS.

Comment

I did not know that!

Comment

Tonight’s challenge:

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.

Rounds consisting of -

100 hill climbers
                      50 jacks
                      40 squats
                      30 shoulder taps
                      20 squat and kicks
                      10 burpees.

Anyone else in for this?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        Tonight’s challenge:

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.

Rounds consisting of -

100 hill climbers
                        50 jacks
                        40 squats
                        30 shoulder taps
                        20 squat and kicks
                        10 burpees.

Anyone else in for this?
                        Adam? lol.

That stuff would probably kill me. Give me a nice 50 mile run though...
                        Rest day today.

Comment

If a stecky lump like me can manage, wonky knee and all, I’m sure you’d be fine Charles. I only managed 4 complete rounds before time ran out. Damn those hill climbers.

Comment

My current Asics Windhawk's had gone through 400km so retired them and just bought a new pair of Asics Roadhawk FF2's.

Comment

...apologies Charles, forgot the first rule of Keep Fit Club... always include photos of new trainers.

Comment

I made a race time predictor. So you put in your previous race time and it predicts your times for other races. I added a fun final prediction about beers and a lie down..

Comment

Working...
                                X