No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also made a heart rate zones calculator. I do a lot of running in zone 2 and zone 4.

Comment

Hey I hope everyone is fit and well?? I would have thought this thread would be a hive of activity with lockdown in full effect.

Quick update as I haven't been active on the forum for some time, I've had a change of career although lockdown has been trying to thwart my progress. I am now a full time CrossFit coach and Personal Trainer working at CrossFit OL1.

I picked up the running again during lockdown 1.0 and have continued to keep it up, running my first ever Marathon a few weeks back and I ran my first Ultra Marathon at the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
        Hey I hope everyone is fit and well?? I would have thought this thread would be a hive of activity with lockdown in full effect.

Quick update as I haven't been active on the forum for some time, I've had a change of career although lockdown has been trying to thwart my progress. I am now a full time CrossFit coach and Personal Trainer working at CrossFit OL1.

I picked up the running again during lockdown 1.0 and have continued to keep it up, running my first ever Marathon a few weeks back and I ran my first Ultra Marathon at the weekend.
        Those pics are blocked dude.
        Congrats!! Must feel good.
        I've done the same. I'm a running coach now.

How was it doing an Ultra soon after an marathon?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Those pics are blocked dude.
          Congrats!! Must feel good.
          I've done the same. I'm a running coach now.

How was it doing an Ultra soon after an marathon?
          That's odd I can see my Strava images...

A running coach, that is fantastic, do you do this on a 1:1 basis or at running clubs?

I felt really good to be honest, tomorrow may be a different story, I'm starting at Keighley in West Yorkshire and running/walking/climbing a 53 mile section of the Pennine Way, all being well I'll finish up in Edale in the Peak District.

I have rested and worked on mobility this week, ran 5 miles from the garage after dropping the car off for MOT, that felt very tough, tired legs. I imagine tomorrow will be a tough test, but I am really looking forward to it.

I will report back Saturday, hopefully with working pictures.

Comment

You said "ran my first Ultra Marathon at the weekend". Did you mean about to run? If so, good luck. Run far slower than you think is useful and do walk breaks even on flats. If legs are tired you could do 5:1 (5mins running, 1 minute walking). And walk / eat on steeper uphills.

I do 1:1 and club sessions (when allowed....), plus 4 week plans. But I'm also looking to making residual income from online running courses on my site. I'll put the beginner course price up once I'm ready to market it. I'm nearly finished with my premium more in-depth Run Like a Pro course.

Comment

Personally, I'm building my running back up again after my knee operation. I fell off a ladder a while back and tore the meniscus. It was due for 21st March so got cancelled due to lockdown. They finally did it on 18th Sept, so ten weeks to the day. I'm treating myself Charles Rodmell as a complete beginner runner and doing my own beginner running course (the one on my site).

I started walking immediately after the op and doing physio that they gave me plus some more challenging stuff of my own design to stabilise the knee strength - there's a bit of meniscus missing now so there's a chance the knee will roll off the edge in certain movements (twisting).

Once I could walk non stop for an hour a few times without issues, I started the running course. I'm on week7 now which is 15 minutes non-stop. Up till now, it has been run walks, so a bit of running and a bit of walking. Week 11 will be when I can run 30 minutes and then build from there. I expect in about a year, I'll be back to where I was before, although maybe a bit longer in terms of actual speed and fitness.
              Last edited by charlesr; 18-03-2021, 10:12.

Comment

I admire your approach, I would be chomping at the bit to get back at it, but it is the sensible thing to do, building back up and hopefully be stronger and better for it.

I did 30 miles a couple of weeks back, a combination of running, stumbling and fast walking, we touch sections of the Pennine way.

Friday just gone, we set off out at 10am and finished at 6am the following day, covering 56 miles of the Pennine Way, starting in West Yorkshire and finishing at Edale in the Peak District.

First Marathon: https://www.strava.com/activities/4266072226

First Ultra: https://www.strava.com/activities/4369668553

Oldham2Otaga Challenge: https://www.strava.com/activities/4400202984

Hopefully you can see these, I'm on day 6 of no activity other than mobility, itching to get back and clocking up some miles.

Comment

My trainers bought last July have 441km on them so time for a new pair and in accordance with the rules;

Comment

For anyone that is comfortable running 75+ minutes at an easy pace, I did this article about how to do a heart rate drift test to better determine your Z2/fat as fuel optimum heart rate / pace.

Comment

Was at an outdoor class yesterday starting at 0630. The girl to my right was visibly pregnant! I spoke to her after the class and she's 32 weeks in. Respect is due.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        Was at an outdoor class yesterday starting at 0630. The girl to my right was visibly pregnant! I spoke to her after the class and she's 32 weeks in. Respect is due.
                        As much as they can do to keep their core / pelvis strong, the easier it's going to be to recover after. Exercise after is risky due to relaxin for 5-6 months. She'll do well.

Comment

I did a 110 minute run this morning. Felt tough in the hills, but definitely getting there!

Comment

70 minutes up a big hill at midday in 24°C. Crazy, but good.

Comment

I've almost finished my course on how to improve running posture and improve running form. I'm pretty pleased with it. It has taken ages to put together. I had to break it down into chunks that are easy to understand and try out. It's stuff I teach people all the time in person, but trying to put it into video format was much harder. Still a few videos to edit together, but hopefully done in the next few weeks. It teaches you how to run properly and hopefully makes running a bit more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                70 minutes up a big hill at midday in 24°C. Crazy, but good.
                                I saw that, Chaz, you nutter.

Sometimes I see people lumbering around in the midday heat and I think "what kind of nutter does that?!"

Now I know. You're the kind of nutter that does that.

I'm still running and loving it, but only getting out once a week, when realistically, it needs to be twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X