Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    I started t'ai chi lessons with a proper teacher a few months ago and am absolutely loving it. It's so much gentler and more flowing than yoga (which is often stressful on the body and involves holding difficult positions) but the two together compliment each other beautifully. I wish I started the lessons years ago.
    My massage therapist is 6 times UK champion.

Comment

For the last few months I’ve been running with a backpack on, with 7kg inside.

I’m currently up to 9 miles, with a target of half marathon distance.

I thought I was pushing myself a bit, then I read this...

It lasts almost two months, with competitors running 18 hours a day. The 'Sri Chinmoy Self-Transcendence' is a race unlike any other.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
        For the last few months I’ve been running with a backpack on, with 7kg inside.

I’m currently up to 9 miles, with a target of half marathon distance.

I thought I was pushing myself a bit, then I read this...

It lasts almost two months, with competitors running 18 hours a day. The 'Sri Chinmoy Self-Transcendence' is a race unlike any other.

I knew exactly what that would be I read it today, aside from the physical exertion the incredible mental resolve to get through it is immense.

Comment

Did that last year. Piece of piss.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            My massage therapist is 6 times UK champion.
            Impressive.

Comment

Ah man, so nice reading this stuff. I have a few fun stuff i'm excited to share but i'll do that when Charles helps me to active my old account!

PS.

My shoulders have been proper stiff - like holy bloody hell - the past few months however a week of relaxed, chilled swimming (during holiday) has totally sorted them. I managed to fix my lower back with a steady progress with deadlifts (using a hex bar) yet my shoulders I feared were doomed. It seems however that swimming - focusing on breast stroke and general arm movement (just moving body freely in pool 1hour a day for a week) seems to have helped strip away my shoulder stiffness. Absolute delight!

Comment

I havent read through to be updated on the thread yet - sorry - so excuse me for not replying to any previous comments. I'm excited to look through what you guys have been doing :-)

For now I thought i'd share a quick general update. One thing to note is that ive been doing a few interesting challenges though the most fun one has definitely been the 1000 pressup in a day challange.

I did this a couple months back for a laugh and it proved to be a lot of fun! Time-management is the biggest thing to consider. I'd love to do it again if anyone is interested?

A couple of other fun challenges to try;

How many full burpies in 60seconds
                How many pressups in 2 minutes
                How long does it take you to do 100 pressups
                How long can you hang from a bar (grip challenge)

A general update for me fitness wise is that the year before last i got REALLY fit again. When I hit 30 I was like - bugger getting older - i'm going to get the fittest ive been... and i got close!
                Towards the end of the year i started to lift heavier again and instantly got injured. I spent most of last year suffering from injury after injury...
                So this year im back to being more sensible however the past few weeks ive been on holiday so ive totally let myself go. Been eating and drinking waaaaaay too much.
                I started getting back into my running and like a fool started with a half marathon (why do i always go to extremes?!) for 12.4miles it was lovely - a beautiful run... and then BOOM 12.5miles my foot went. I couldnt walk properly for 2 weeks after that. Past few days been doing some gentle jogs in the woods but its been hard... i feel REALLY HEAVY.

With heavy in mind my strength and endurance is still strong. Can lift quite a lot of weight for many reps without too much trouble.I dont tend to focus on 1 rep max efforts anymore due to risk of injury however my comfortable 1 rep max for deadlift is 190kg and chest press is 150kg. Though i think i could happily increase that if i REALLY went for it.

Anyhoo! I'm definitely at the lower end of my fitness levels today and am excited to share progress to get back to normal

PS.

Here is my garden setup. Im very lucky to have a gym at work so i do most of my training there though ive started to make use of my own equipment in the evenings and weekends a bit more. I recommend getting a BOB (the punching man thingy) - bloody brilliant
                setup.jpg
                Last edited by Adam Stone; 05-07-2019, 19:12.
                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Hanging from a bar in the playground, I could do 30s lol. Ben, my son happily did 2 minutes and is working on 1 hand now....

Comment

What qualifies as a press-up? Nose to floor or right angle elbow?

Comment

Holy **** - really?! Get your son to the theme parks that do the £50 for 2min hangs

Yes a proper full pressup. I'll find a video showing form...

Our Workout Programs: ➡️ https://calimove.com ⬅️✔️Instagram ➢ https://instagram.com/calimove✔️Facebook ➢ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Calisthenic-Movement/...

When i did this a little while back i did 122 in 2 minutes. To be honest i wasnt happy with that but will be interesting to see what others can do! For this challange its okay if forms starts to go towards the end... just push until you literally can't...

Full burpies in 60 secs (that includes pressup and knee high jumps) i did 25.... Again, wasnt happy with that though excited to see what others do. I want to be encouraged to a good challange!
                      Last edited by Adam Stone; 05-07-2019, 19:29.

Comment

Here's Amelia giving it some. She's still relatively new to gymnastics but improving fast

Comment

Very very cool. I would like to get Olivia into gymnastics as early as possible. Whats the age limitations dude?

Comment

Think it's age 4+

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                              I started t'ai chi lessons with a proper teacher a few months ago and am absolutely loving it. It's so much gentler and more flowing than yoga (which is often stressful on the body and involves holding difficult positions) but the two together compliment each other beautifully. I wish I started the lessons years ago.
                              Good stuff. I remember doing some training with this ba pua/tai chi/hsing i bloke from Germany and it was nuts. Way harder than some of the Tong Long I was used to. Reminds me I must get back into it at some point before I get too old. Keep it up ZM!

Comment

Ok, managed a 60s hang. Progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X