No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just completed a Marathon row (42,195m) on Saturday in 3:04:36, and i wont be rushing to again anytime soon.
    legs are in bits...

It was for a fundraising event for a local play park, so worthy cause, something to get the kids outside and away from the telly.

Comment

Incredible! Well done

Comment

Today, I ran fast and did pretty well. I was expecting my app to tell me I got a personal best. But my app thinks I did 1km in 2 minutes 19 seconds in May of last year. I did not run 1km in that time ever. Not ever even close. My app is a liar. Guessing my app glitched which will forever mean I can't beat it unless I get superpowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Today, I ran fast and did pretty well. I was expecting my app to tell me I got a personal best. But my app thinks I did 1km in 2 minutes 19 seconds in May of last year. I did not run 1km in that time ever. Not ever even close. My app is a liar. Guessing my app glitched which will forever mean I can't beat it unless I get superpowers.
          Delete the old activity? Or mark it as a bike ride?

Comment

Oh I didn’t even check to see if I could amend the data. Thanks Charles, I’ll check that.

Edit: deleted it. Now it says my best 1k was 4 minutes 5 seconds. Not convinced that one is real either. Might delete that too.
            Last edited by Dogg Thang; 24-10-2018, 18:46.

Comment

Just signed up for the Chichester 10k in February. Aiming for sub35. Got Stanmer Park XC in Brighton next weekend to give me an idea of where I'm at. Lots of speed work ahead. Bloody terrified.

Comment

Today I took part in my first fell run race (10km).

It was up and down Moel Famau (and back up!).

The race had a really good turnout, circa 500.

I did quite well I think, only stopping once, at the 7km mark as the incline was ridiculous. Looking up, all the people in front of me were walking up it, so that was a bit of a consolation.

Just waiting on official times/position now.

Comment

Wow. Looks insane.

Comment

Jasmin Paris is currently 9 miles ahead of any other runner, male or female, at the Montane Spine race and set to beat the outright course record. Ultra running is one of the few athletic sports where women can race on equal terms.

246 miles so far

Comment

I'm going nuts. Injured my knee on a ladder a couple of months ago. Barely done any running. Gah. Did snowboarding though, which is great for knees.........

Comment

Decided to stuff it and do the Chi 10k. 7 runners finished sub30 minutes. I managed a 2 second PB of 35:21. 8 weeks ago I would have hoped for a 34:40 but have done very little training since then and put on a few pounds. Still, PB is a PB, so totally happy right now.

Comment

HELP! Anyone on Facebook? Do you have an interest in running or know anyone else that might be interested in running (with our without dogs!)?

As some of you might know, in between homeschooling Ben and working at the Run Company, I've been beavering away on a project to help people learn cool running stuff As some of you can attest, I'm great at imparting running knowledge, but my marketing skillz are a bit rusty, so please can you help out by doing the following? Cheers.

If you DO have an interest in running or might do in future, please like and share my page. If you aren't interested in running yourself, but know someone else that might be, please don't like the page (facebook prefers pages with relevant followers), but instead JUST share it. Love you all!

Any words of encouragement much appreciated too - excited but terrified! The first course is going to be for beginners that are aiming for long term progress, but I'll also be working on further courses for improvers, advanced training, trail skills and also how to Canicross (run with your dog).

Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Comment

Ok, so that thing I've been working on. I'm looking for a few people who want to learn to run by taking my online course. The first batch I need to give me feedback so I can improve it for the future, so it would be a two way thing.

Want to learn to run? You are guaranteed success or money back on the Running For Beginners course. Learn how to run properly - not just "do this on this day"!

If you know anyone, please put them in touch. Cheers.

Comment

Finally managed to get down to the beach for some extended swimming, body surfing and body boarding sessions. Man I can feel it after a few weeks absence due to poor weather and/or poor surf. It's a wee bit chilly but as it's the middle of winter, I can't complain too much.

I need to get off my arse and get back onto my mountain bike as well. It's hard where I am as there aren't any decent trails without having to jump in the car & go miles. Even the 40min trip I used to have from West London to Swinley now seems short

Comment

I started t'ai chi lessons with a proper teacher a few months ago and am absolutely loving it. It's so much gentler and more flowing than yoga (which is often stressful on the body and involves holding difficult positions) but the two together compliment each other beautifully. I wish I started the lessons years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X