Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
    Thanks again for replying, and so quickly too! I will try and act on your advice. I've also read that calorie counting helps but some people say that's too extreme. One problem is that the foods I eat arent really covered in these apps.

I also read that cardio alone does not help in the long run for various reasons as your body loses muscle and stores fat.

I am a bit surprised at my body, though. I know people who gain weight and it's pretty evenly distributed but I very much end up skinny fat.
    Cardio is good for you but you need to be careful how much you do. Especially if you are a beginner. Don't want to go into details and start giving references to studies but keep it light if you are a beginner. My advice:

- Limit processed food so that they only take up 20-30% of your diet. This will immediately help with less sodium, less snacking and less insulin spikes in general which give you the munches :P
    - Eat only when you are hungry and beginning with measuring your foods on a food scale. You'll be surprised what a difference this makes
    - Like Charles said, the important thing is to choose something you like doing. I like weight training. For you it might be something else. But choose something you like cause it's the only way you'll be able to keep doing it for a long time. The best plan is the one you stick to the longest.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Seems like a great but achievable idea that others could use. How long does that take each day?
      About an hour and 40 minutes. Its a time sink but it works. My aim now is to only do this 3 times a week to maintain 80-81 range.

Comment

Thanks, DaytimeDreamer. For long periods of time I cut out processed foods but snacks like cookies and pastries are my weakness.

Comment

Thanks, DaytimeDreamer. For long periods of time I cut out processed foods but snacks like cookies and pastries are my weakness.
          Don't cut them out completely. Keep them but don't base your diet on them.

Comment

Is there a health thread related to sickness? I feel tired and exhausted all the time. I'm wondering if it's an iron deficiency or B12 or something else. I really don't want to go to the gp but don't see any other way of finding out.

Comment

Is that not just what being an adult is?

Comment

Haha in some ways it is, true. But just a few months ago I wasn't this exhausted. Like there's an actual change.

Comment

Worth getting checked out then. Not sure if we have a thread for that but a general health thread would be be good, although it might make me paranoid.

Comment

Yeah it would make me paranoid, also. But I'm sure there was a thread I'm certain of it.

Comment

Oh you’re right. Here it is: https://bordersdown.net/threads/7472...illnesses-here

Comment

I've been having that for the past few years. I tried different things - sleep apnea test, diet, going to bed earlier - but I think it's because I'm so inactive. At my last health check, I was told I might have metabolic syndrome. Nothing like diabetes was found in blood or urine tests.

I need to visit the gym more often, I think.

Comment

I did have deficiencies in the past so that's why I was wondering it could be something similar. I just feel drained all the time. Sleep apnea is only if you have a severe weight problem, isn't it? I know someone who has it but he's never been given one of those machines to help with it.

Comment

Anyone can have sleep apnea. I know someone trim who is very fit who has sleep apnea. Worth getting it checked if you think that's a possibility but there are many causes of fatigue.

Comment

I did have deficiencies in the past so that's why I was wondering it could be something similar. I just feel drained all the time. Sleep apnea is only if you have a severe weight problem, isn't it? I know someone who has it but he's never been given one of those machines to help with it.
                              In Japan, I think a 34" waist would be considered a severe weight problem! But yeah, I didn't have it. They lent me a machine to check my breathing and it was fine.

I'm cutting out obvious sugar for today to see what happens. Even for breakfast, I had Japanese barley oats and salmon. I bet I give up in a few hours!

Comment

Try wearing nose strips at night.

Comment

Working...
                                X