No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow!!!! You lucky SOB! I haven't had snow in 4 years now It just doesn't snow in this part of Japan. Well, it did snow for about 1 hour but as you can guess that didn't even cover the ants on the ground.

Great shot by the way.

Comment

A few recent shots:

IMG_0415 by nmdorrington, on Flickr

IMG_0219 by nmdorrington, on Flickr

IMG_0268 by nmdorrington, on Flickr

IMG_0423 by nmdorrington, on Flickr

Comment

All very nice squire, especially the last one.

Comment

I'm also liking the last one. A bit of a shame having that guy walk past in the second to last shot.

A few shots from last night. It was bloody cold out so I wasn't in the mood to be honest.

car reflextion by Yakum01975, on Flickr

A couple's communication problem by Yakum01975, on Flickr

The closing night credits by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
            Rumours the D7k will be replaced this year with an updated version.
            Here it is, forget the PS4 this is the best product launch today;
            Nikon has announced the D7100 - a 24MP mid-range, enthusiast-focused APS-C DSLR. The D7100 promises high resolution by making do without an optical low-pass filter in front of its 24MP CMOS sensor. It gains a more sophisticated 51-point autofocus system and a 7fps 1.3x cropped shooting mode that provides a 2x crop compared to a 35mm system. The D7100 has a recommended price of $1,599/£1,299/€1,399 with 18-105mm F3.5-5.6 VR lens.

Comment

Looks well specified, but I don't think I'll be upgrading from the D7000 just yet, I don't see the point for some extra pixels and a few more AF points. I'll be interested to see how the lack of OLPF affects the IQ though.

Comment

Yes if you have a D7000 then it's probably not worth it as it's one of if not the best APS-C camera of any make out there.

The crop mode is interesting though, 2x for extra magnification and you still get 15mp (I'm still only on 6mp) plus 7+ fps burst isn't to be sniffed at.

Nikon have again pulled a great model out of the bag.

Comment

GH1 and GF3 are ready for snowboarding action. Hopefully I'll get at least one photo worthy of this fine thread.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the shots. I recently bought an olympus f1.8 lens for my GH2. Fantastic for low light such as night shots. Not only that it makes for an amazing portrait lens with fantastic bohke.

Comment

I got some new kit recently:

I managed to pick up a D70 for ?50 too, both are in really good condition (not that I really need any more DSLRs).

The D200 is really nice to use and I was pleasantly surprised by the results:

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Looking forward to seeing the shots. I recently bought an olympus f1.8 lens for my GH2. Fantastic for low light such as night shots. Not only that it makes for an amazing portrait lens with fantastic bohke.
                        The 45mm? Was so tempted to get that before I went but spent a firtune recently so making do with an adapted canon fd 50mm. The bokeh on the 45mm is the best I have ever seen I think. What's the oly focus speed/noise like on the gh2?

Comment

Yep, that's the one, it's full name is Olympus Pen M.Zuiko Digital 45mm f1.8.

Outside in sunny conditions it's a little hard to use due to the aperture. I kept getting white pictures at first. But with a bit of setting practice it produces excellent shots with very little noise even at full close up. Inside results are just as impressive when it comes to noise. Night shots do have noise but at 2800ISO it's very little and perfectly acceptable even at full close up.

Here's few new pictures taken today on it.

rustypipe by Yakum01975, on Flickr

seaweed fishing1 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

seaweed fishing2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

seaweed fishing3 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

The 45mm lens has no zoom but you don't really need it. I was about 12 meters away from my son on stage and still got this shot and many more quality ones just like it.

Settings: 1/100 ƒ/2.5 ISO 200 45 mm

School Pre-Feb-2013 - samurai2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr
                          Last edited by Yakumo; 23-02-2013, 11:28.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            I got some new kit recently:

I managed to pick up a D70 for ?50 too, both are in really good condition (not that I really need any more DSLRs).

The D200 is really nice to use and I was pleasantly surprised by the results:
                            Well done Marty, nice shots indeed from the D200.

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            Yep, that's the one, it's full name is Olympus Pen M.Zuiko Digital 45mm f1.8.

The 45mm lens has no zoom but you don't really need it. I was about 12 meters away from my son on stage and still got this shot and many more quality ones just like it.
                            Nice clean pictures there, and good to see some prime-lens work.

Comment

You can pick them up for under ?200 now - unless you want to shoot in the dark they are an absolute bargain.

Comment

Great shots yakumo as usual

Comment

Working...
                                X