No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still getting to grips with the new camera and lens.

IMG_0819.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0804.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0782.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0779.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0774.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0773.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0761.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_0736.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

Yeah, it looks like you are . It says "photos are currently unavailable".

Comment

Just incase anyone's about to order any Canon Eos Stuff (and a few other things) - you might want to hold off until the 7th March.

(Discounts apply to sales at Focus-On-Imaging which is on until Wednesday the 6th at the NEC Brum)

Comment

Another night on the town which means a few more pictures.

dash by Yakum01975, on Flickr

kokura-fountain2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

kokura-fountain by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Missing Partner by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

Good stuff - keeping the thread alive

I was out and about yesterday in the fog, but didn't really get that much I liked, maybe this one taken with the D200 and a 35mm prime.

Comment

Man, I haven't seen fog in a long time. We don't really get any where I live.

Comment

One from a recent trip to Devon

Eos 1DmkII 200mm f/2.8 L 1/3200 f/2.8

Comment

Dude! Knarlly (sp?) shot, man. Whacked out to the max.

Seriously though, that's a lovely shot.

Comment

I grabbed a few shots tonight just before I started my jog.

samurai in stone by Yakum01975, on Flickr

samurai in stone 2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Actual colour!

samurai in stone 3 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Check out the high resolution version of this shot at Flickr. The lights are beautiful.

Kamon Bridge at night by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser View Post
                      One from a recent trip to Devon

Eos 1DmkII 200mm f/2.8 L 1/3200 f/2.8
                      Thats an awesome shot, fantastic contrasts and well framed. 1dmkII though, nice bit of kit that, plus im a sucker for B&W.

Ok sold my fujifilm x10 and nikon d7000 got, just waiting for my 50mm prime to come through an im back out shooting again, cant wait

Comment

The D7000 is a great camera - I'd have suggested the 35mm over the 50mm prime though, still a great lens but less versatile on a APS-C sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          The D7000 is a great camera - I'd have suggested the 35mm over the 50mm prime though, still a great lens but less versatile on a APS-C sensor.
                          I went for the 50mm as theres new non nikon primes for ?90 on amazon, with all the reviews saying the image quality is exactly the same as the nikon one, barring the build quality of course. As im on a budget at the mo i plumped for that, plus im not exactly a pro so will be learning how to re think my shots with a prime for a while i think.

When i get some more dough ill take you up on that advice however. Got the camera fro ?400 second hand which was too good to miss, still has a year warranty too and the sender sent the original receipt so i can register it, which was a big bonus, so mega happy after a bloody hard week .

Edit. Seems the lens has gone missing, been marked as delivered but hasn't been left, very annoying, so ordered the 35mm to my work address and will have to sort the missing one out with amazon. The camera looks lonely without a lense on.
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 16-03-2013, 15:23.

Comment

Yo, I've decided to take Marty's advice and go with a more proper camera.

This one caught my eye:

Panasonic DMC-GX1 with pancake X lens.

I can't quite figure out.... can you use normal CSC lenses with this camera, or does it have to be Panasonic specific?

Any comments on the camera? I'm going to Hawaii, so I wanted something small enough to carry around, but that would still take great pics. I had a look at photos for the Canon S100 and wasn't convinced they were much better than my Ixus 70, but this GX1 looks significantly better.

Also, why is it so cheap at slrhut? At WEX it's ?450+ with a lens, but I can't work out if it's even an X lens.
                            Last edited by charlesr; 17-03-2013, 10:03.

Comment

Takes micro four thirds lenses. Available from panasonic, Olympus, leica, sigma. Great system IMO.

Comment

Aye nice camera the GX-1 Kai likes it. As FSW said it'll take any 4/3rds format lenses.

Looks like SLRHut is a US company so it's possible these are imports - they seem to have good reviews as a company though (never heard of them before myself).

Comment

Working...
                                X