The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great picture Marty, colours are ace.

Congratulations on the nifty fifty as well.

Comment

Went back to the fair on the last night, it had completely gone the next morning so just as well.

Comment

That’s lovely low light imagery. Got a nice feel too it.

Comment

One from the Sony F828 (I got this after getting the F717) - bit of a blind buy on eBay and it turned out it was working, mostly. The viewfinder is partially busted, with a big white patch across 2/3rds of it. Smelt quite musty too at first so it's clearly been sat unloved for years, but I cleaned it up and took some shots with it.

Bit of a unique camera released in 2003, put a vid up on my YouTube channel about it.
          Last edited by MartyG; 12-04-2019, 09:56.

Comment

Beautiful photos, man.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              One from the Sony F828 (I got this after getting the F717) - bit of a blind buy on eBay and it turned out it was working, mostly. The viewfinder is partially busted, with a big white patch across 2/3rds of it. Smelt quite musty too at first so it's clearly been sat unloved for years, but I cleaned it up and took some shots with it.

Bit of a unique camera released in 2003, put a vid up on my YouTube channel about it.
              Seen the vid Marty, nice review thanks.

Comment

Spotted a Little Egret on the Welland this weekend, so I went back with a longer lens

Comment

Nice one, don't see them where I live so a nice sight. I did see a deer this morning while out on the bike though.

This is interesting, time lapses made with photos taken from the internet;
                  Time-lapses are usually created with one or more cameras by one or more photographers working together to document a particular subject, but now

Comment

You don't see that many of them at all, not a particularly common bird in the UK. More winter visitors, but there are only around 700 breeding pairs in the UK.

Did some shots for a local coffee shop

The Morning Joe

Comment

After putting it on the camera, I'm starting to think I should have gone with an f/4 instead - it's stupid heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        After putting it on the camera, I'm starting to think I should have gone with an f/4 instead - it's stupid heavy.
                        Noooo Marty it's lovely, get it on the D3, what a beast of a combination.

It's about 1.5kg or so yes?

Comment

With the camera it's about 2.7 KG, lens only is about 1.5 KG - it should definitely be good on the D3, but I need some shots on the D2H first.

Comment

Drone photo awards 2019, DPReview have a nice gallery of the winners or you can see more pics on the official page.

Some stunning shots, droning has really ushered in a new genre of photography.
                            The second annual Drone Awards aerial photography contest received over 4,500 submissions from 107 countries, and some of the winners are pretty amazing.

Comment

Could anyone advise on what this lens might be worth? My mum bought it from John Lewis in 2015 for £327 but hardly used it and has asked me to sell it on her behalf.

Might list it in non-gaming on here first if any interest.

Cheers

Comment

£160 would be somewhere in the middle, topping out around £200 ish. They're not quite as desirable as the 100mm macro.

Comment

Working...
                                X