No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple from the RX1, haven't had a proper chance to get them in Lightroom as I nipped out at lunch to grab a couple of shots.

porsche 911 turbo s quarter mile time

But the lens on the RX1, especially stopped down a bit, is super sharp and crisp.

Comment

Both top pics are cracking Marty.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION] any idea how that porsche link got into your bb code?

Comment

Yes - ImgBB requires you to post the full BB code as per their T&Cs if you use full link image hosting.

Comment

That is so sneaky that they put spammy links in there.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              That is so sneaky that they put spammy links in there.
              They're giving you free image hosting with hot links - get nothing for nothing.
              Last edited by MartyG; 26-01-2021, 11:08.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                They're giving you free image hosting with hot links - get nothing for nothing.
                Still seems shady to me to be honest. Because that type of link building isn't Google compliant, the sites where the links end up (e.g. Bordersdown) could get an SEO disadvantage or even penalty as a result. Granted it's not a major risk with the odd link, but still - it's not good.

Imgur offers free hotlinking without this, and it's allowed within their terms of service to do so on forums (they draw the line at you storing all your website assets on there though, understandably!).

Comment

You need an account for Imgur, ImgBB is anonymous.

Comment

You don’t need an account for Imgur actually mate. Just go to the homepage then click upload in upper left.

Comment

Okay, yes, my error it seems you can upload without an account

No auto expiry options tho, which is something else I use from time-to-time.

In other news, Sony is announcing a new E-Mount camera today with a curved sensor if the rumours are to be believed and also the most expensive E-Mount camera they've ever made: https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/u...l-frame-camera

Curved sensors are a big deal because it means you have to make less compromises on lens design, so should give better image quality, conversely that means current E-Mount lenses for flat sensors probably are compromised (there is likely to be computational corrections in firmware for them I'd guess).
                      Last edited by MartyG; 26-01-2021, 11:47.

Comment

Hopefully one day my bitcoin investment balloons because I fancy a Porsche.

Comment

It did this month - if you've just invested you're going to lose money

Comment

The new Sony camera that was teased has been revealed, no curved sensor in view. It's the Sony Alpha 1 which is a flagship 50MP full frame camera that can do 30 FPS and is 8K video "capable" whatever that means.

View finder is quite tasty at 9.44 dots with a 240 FPS refresh, but that's going to chew through batteries no doubt. Same kind of form factor as the A9, but if they're aiming at the pro market, I'm a little surprised it doesn't have a built in vertical grip for better weather sealing.

Not the tech advancement hoped for, just more of the same old, same old really: https://www.dpreview.com/news/2049627329

Edit - Oh, and its UK price is £6,499 body only. Ouch.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 26-01-2021, 14:51.

Comment

Yep I should be impressed but I'm not really. Sony go for the headline grabbing stuff but behind the addendum points that are almost as long as the press release there isn't really anything for me.

Aimed at pro's and more serious amateurs but no grip, battery life will be rubbish, the Canon R5 has a 120hz display but 220 shot battery life.

I would have preferred 20fps with a global shutter, big battery and weather sealing.

For £6k I'd have a D6 any day.

I'm hoping Nikon or even Canon will produce the goods when they announce something mirrorless pro later this year - I really like what Canon have been doing lens wise for their R series.

Oh and nice pics as always M.
                              Last edited by Anpanman; 26-01-2021, 20:15.

Comment

It's certainly an impressive camera, 30 FPS at 50 MP (albiet electronic shutter) is still an impressive feat - that's a lot of data to read off the sensor. A global shutter would have been nice tho, agreed. There is an additional grip which provides the camera with two Z batteries (massive upgrade from the W which is awful, I have to have at least three with me for my A7II), it'll be better than 220 CIPA, but nowhere close to DSLR pro bodies.

The price puts it completely out of my reach, but I think it will sell. When I was out at the weekend in the snow, I saw a lot of people with Sony Alphas (it was that or mobile phones), I think I was the only person out with a DSLR.

Comment

Working...
                                X