No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the longer full size cards, yeah, so it'd be awesome if you did have one you could send. I'm using an adaptor at the moment and it's being a bit intermittent with reading / writing to it, so I'm not sure whether it's the camera or the card.

The Carl Zeiss lens with the 5 MP sensor seems to work pretty well given the age (I think these are from around 2003) - will see what it can do once I have more time at the weekend. It'll be another one for my YouTube channel.

Comment

I almost certainly have some of the longer Memory Stick cards. I'll have a look this evening.

Comment

Sorry Marty I threw 4 of these away only last week while having a clear out in the office. Always the way 😒

Comment

Bugger, only got this setup which is another adaptor with a 512mb pro duo going spare;

Comment

That's what I'm using, but with a 4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo.

I've also got one of these (which then goes into the other adaptor) with an 8GB microsd card in it and it doesn't seem to like that at all (tried the mSD in slot 1 and 2). Will try it with 2GB mSD cards as it might be the card size it doesn't like.

image upload

At least these cards are a little bit more robust than SmartMedia which is a real PitA - I have several duff smartmedia cards now which a lot of very early digital compacts used.

Probably not going to walk around the streets holding the camera like this, even though it makes portraits nice and stable

Last edited by MartyG; 13-03-2019, 16:13.

Comment

I know, more gear.

I've been after one of these for a good price in ages. It's got a few marks on it, but it's fine, no scratches where it really matters.

I had considered the original X100 which has had a few firmware updates since it was released back in 2010, but this third revision benefits from a number of improvements around autofocus and speed of operation.

Comment

Was considering one of these for ages but ended up getting my 7D for the same prices when I went to buy one.

The x100 series has a lovely look to the photos the sensor produces, and I do love fixed lense.

Comment

You can get the original X100 for under £200 if you look about. They a still a perfectly usable camera, just not for sports shooters.

Comment

I really need to get my 7D fixed before buying another camera. Dropped it in Paris 2 years ago and smashed the lens cap holder plastic, so now a lens cap doesn’t go on it. Luckily the lens survived, canon 35mm prime, I would of been absolutely gutted if it smashed, was really lucky.

Found the part number a few months ago but still haven’t ordered it. Just laziness at the end of the day.

Comment

Good one Marty, I absolutely adore the Fuji colours, skin tones especially.

Still got my first DSLR upstairs gathering dust, my S2Pro from 2003. Just been looking at some pictures taken with it and they still hold up today.

Comment

The X100 is a lovely camera to use, but the autofocus isn't the greatest. Definitely miss more shots with that camera.

Was out with the Sony F828 this weekend

A Burghley sunrise

Comment

Lovely Marty.

Just had a quick look at your Flikr, crikey that P900 takes some good pics, the Honey Bee is lush.

Comment

It's good as long as you don't have to crop - once you start pixel peeping you start to see its limitations; if you get the framing right in camera, then the finer details the sensor doesn't capture aren't as noticeable. I'm sure that Nikon are doing plenty of post processing on the JPGs to reduce barrel and pincushion, sensor noise, vignetting - but considering the zoom range of 24-2000mm 35mm equivalent, the images it can produce are definitely impressive.

I haven't had chance to try the P1000, but the price jump over the P900 has meant I'm unlikely to get one any time soon.

Comment

Got something for the Nikon D3 to play with

There's a fair in town at the moment too.

Comment

Wow, love that waltzers shot [MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X