This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    It's not my favourite, but it is without doubt the strongest of all the variants CD-Rom player wise. And let's be honest, I've had a few of every type........
    Lol & then some

will investigate all options before I jump in feet first.

Martin I'm not sure but I did have something similar with me Chaotic Jelly Saturn Scart that had RCA Audio Breakout cables, not sure if your SFC one is the same but might be the way he slipped the cable to make the breakouts that was causing the interference?
    Mine went away when I switched back to standard fully wired Scart

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Any of you tech heads know why my SNES scart lead buzzes slightly?
      Actually a lot.
      Could be that the sound and video share the same ground. Could also just be a naff RGB cable.

I love this solution myself:

Comment

My super cdrom2 blew up in the early 90's so I'm not convinced any of them are particularly reliable. Original Duo looks the most badass.

Laseractive if you can live with composite.

Comment

Duo-R or RX. Still quite easy to get a replacement laser and being the newest models the capacitors will hopefully be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Could be that the sound and video share the same ground. Could also just be a naff RGB cable.

I love this solution myself:

It was only a cheap eBay cable. Can you recommend one? It was a pal Cube cable.

Comment

Duo is the best one. It has a huge shielding plate inside that the R and RX do not. Plus it's black, and matches the HORI Fighting Commander PC perfectly. I'm not even going to mention the headphone socket that's built in. The RX is a slightly different colour to the R.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You mean the text?

Comment

No I mean the console. It has a slight blue hue to it. The R is straight beige. I actually swapped my Duo for an RX. It's one of those things I don't talk about. The same as buying Mario Paint.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I didn't think I'd ever own so many Sony consoles at once.

Comment

Very nice, Colin. I bet that TV stand is a bitch to keep dust free tHough!?

Comment

Soundwave rocking the hddvd do I see there?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          Very nice, Colin. I bet that TV stand is a bitch to keep dust free tHough!?
                          Looks very similar to my stand & if it is then they are indeed a bitch to keep dust & finger print free

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                          Soundwave rocking the hddvd do I see there?
                          Lol I am indeed, a Toshiba HD-EP30.
                          It's my DVD player as well & is perfect, I'm actually tempted to get another as a back because I don't know what I'll do when if it should die on me

Neil

Comment

Anti static cloths are your friends with these things. The PS4 is actually more of a dust magnet, why didn't Sony learn their lesson after the piano black PS3's?

Last edited by Colin; 22-12-2013, 15:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post

Lol I am indeed, a Toshiba HD-EP30.
                              It's my DVD player as well & is perfect, I'm actually tempted to get another as a back because I don't know what I'll do when if it should die on me

Neil
                              I bought another EP-35 after getting graphical corruption with my original player. Then had the same problem again. Turns out it was the HDMI cable.
                              I have too many HD-DVDs to replace with the Blu versions. And the Toshiba player does a great job at scaling DVDs.

Comment

This is actually my lounge. I've got Colin in my basement smarting about NEC.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X