This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Wanted one since I first saw them used at MCM London Comic Con by DDR:UK in 2009.
    Yeah they are lovely, nice aesthetic too with the big block look. I've had a fair few of the Sony PVM and BVMs and I like the slightly softer look of the QMs/Cubes myself.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
      Where’s the Dino King conversion?
      Ah that went a while ago. I guess without really planning it I sold the Dino King off to restore an Astro City and then sold the fully restored Astro off to buy two Egret 2s in barely working condition and restore those.

Truth be told I found the Dino Kings too uncomfortable to play on long term. The monitors are a pain in terms of sync as well. Having worked on a few I needed video amps in some, not in others, some would lose sync etc. And we're just too finicky ultimately.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
        Yeah they are lovely, nice aesthetic too with the big block look. I've had a fair few of the Sony PVM and BVMs and I like the slightly softer look of the QMs/Cubes myself.
        Too right, high TVL is overrated.

Comment

That set up is fekkin sick you have reached some kind of Nirvana.

Comment

Die happy status achieved. Well done.

Comment

EPIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]20601[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]20602[/ATTACH]

Still needs a bit more work, but getting there!
                Love it!

Comment

The dust covers are inspired!

Very nice indeed mate, a cab for each orientation and then a tidy CRT to handle the rest is a great combo.

Comment

What an incredible setup.

The dust covers are such a good idea. Really cool that they're customised too.

Gotta say that it's actually the Sony cube that I'm personally most envious of! I see a Gun-Con peeking out beneath it, too.

Comment

As everyone else says, that looks amazing!

Comment

Looks rubbish.*

*Ok, I lied, it looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          The dust covers are inspired!

Very nice indeed mate, a cab for each orientation and then a tidy CRT to handle the rest is a great combo.
                          Ha, ta mate. Made by my very talented mother in law a few years ago for my 40th. They are designed to house a taito still too. They are blackout cloth to prevent any sun bleaching. The Taito logo was hand stitched by her as was the E2 panel design!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Looks rubbish.*

*Ok, I lied, it looks awesome.
                            Haha...ta bud.

Comment

After Escape-to-88 shamed us all what's the point in posting in this thread anymore

But anyways, baby on way forced moving to a smaller room and this is the result thus far! Lot less CRT's than in the past but still in the game! The plasma is actually a new edition went from a 50" kuro to a deliberately low res (720p) Panasonic, probably the best flat panel I've had purely for laserdisc. Can't match the kuro in any other aspect mind

Last edited by Baseley09; 06-06-2023, 19:10.

Comment

It's not a competition!

It's cool to see what others have done with their home spaces, sometimes to drool, sometimes to get ideas.

Love that setup, Base-o!
                                So much goodness and I spot sometimes new each time I look!

Comment

Working...
                                X