X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving it [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION] … class set up

Comment

Tremendous. Where did you get the posters? They're ace.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Tremendous. Where did you get the posters? They're ace.
        Cheers, Allan's retro games sales were doing them via their Facebook page, bargs about £12 a peice if I recall!

Comment

Love that setup dude. Jel of the B&O. I'd love one of those day. A E S T H E T I C.

Comment

[MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION], loving the Mega Drive game posters you have framed. We're they custom made?
            EDIT: Never mind, I see your u answered the same question above
            Last edited by Yakumo; 06-06-2023, 23:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION], loving the Mega Drive game posters you have framed. We're they custom made?
              Cheers pal, just frames from the Range, had to trim the pics a few MM, as above snagged via Allan's games sales page on FB.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                Cheers pal, just frames from the Range, had to trim the pics a few MM, as above snagged via Allan's games sales page on FB.
                Lol, and just as I edit my above question, the answer comes
                They do look great.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                  Haha, thank you mate. Hope you're well!
                  You're welcome buddy, honestly so jealous, they look amazing

Yeah all good here, hoping to finally get electric run to my shed soon so I can start my own man shed & then I can finally rebuild a retro den & maybe even a cab of my own... certainly not at your level but maybe a Chewlix or if I can find one at a reasonable price even an actual official Viewlix but we'll wait & see

Hope you're ok?

Neil

Comment

I put my back out on Sunday so was laid up most of yesterday which meant a nice wee gaming day, and what a day it was. The PC-Engine is back in the set up for the first time in almost a decade! I can't remember exactly how many years it's been since I had one, but I reckon it's around eight, which even I'm shocked I've managed to stay out of the game for so long considering my obsession with the system. I was playing a game via emulation recently though that just wasn't right, and I broke.

Pretty much played PC-Engine games for about ten hours as I had the house to myself most of the day. I had the whole library at my disposal now that I have the HD Super System 3 hooked up to a Core Grafx and had full play throughs of tons of stuff including Gunhed, Soldier Blade, Star Parodia and Cho Aniki. Then sessions of Bomber Man, Dracula-X, Galaxy Deka Gayvan, Shinobi and Be Ball to name but a few. Absolutely loving it.

Super bright today so pics are very reflective, but here's my wee set up.It's basically the PCE and my PS4 for gaming, then I have my PSP and Anbernic handheld.

After a bunch of tweaking I've got the display settings to where I'm happy with them. This is HDMI output from the HD SS3, no upscaler.

Can see me spending most of my day on this again, the bad back means this is definitely the silver lining!

Comment

Your symmetry pleases my brain Colin, nice set up, what speakers have you got there?

Comment

They're Monitor Audio's, can't remember the model, I've had them for maybe 15 years.

Comment

Looks good, it's got a built in scanline generator?

Comment

Yes mate, that's where it became a total winner for me, no messing around with upscalers etc. It's ran absolutely everything I've chucked at it perfectly, it also has a clever little selectable function that replicates the actual load times of the CD-Rom2 so that the audio is perfectly synced, which I think must have been a firmware addition as when it was first released some people had reported sync issues. Absolutely delighted with it to be honest, image looks great and it just feels 'right' to be playing the games on genuine hardware, though it's obviously all in the head!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                              After Escape-to-88 shamed us all what's the point in posting in this thread anymore

But anyways, baby on way forced moving to a smaller room and this is the result thus far! Lot less CRT's than in the past but still in the game! The plasma is actually a new edition went from a 50" kuro to a deliberately low res (720p) Panasonic, probably the best flat panel I've had purely for laserdisc. Can't match the kuro in any other aspect mind

Those posters in the 2nd pic are really cool. Great stuff.

Comment

Big fan of megadrive box arts, pal and Japanese - thought I'd make a thing of it kinda video storey but more just to display the great art - used cheap b&m picture ledges. Apologies for dankness/clarity, lighting in this room is bad.

Last edited by Baseley09; 31-08-2023, 11:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X