• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Just the trusty old Jutman custom (all Seimitsu), still going strong

Pretty
    Remember those from back in the day
    Were expensive IIRC?

Comment

I miss custom sticks. I guess I don't really browse SRK or anywhere like that anymore but I never had the budget to order one when I was younger...

Comment

What model Sony is that [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION]?

Looks identical to my old KDL-46W2000 which is 1080P and just fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
          Pretty
          Remember those from back in the day
          Were expensive IIRC?
          Yeah, not cheap but not ridiculous either when you consider the hand crafting ... built tough from oak and steel too, it should outlast Keith Richards.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          I miss custom sticks. I guess I don't really browse SRK or anywhere like that anymore but I never had the budget to order one when I was younger...
          I wonder if Hori and Madcatz offerings made customs less and less relevant when they started using Sanwa and Seimitsu components.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            What model Sony is that @Atticus?

Looks identical to my old KDL-46W2000 which is 1080P and just fantastic!
            Super super early 720p one: KDL-32S2510

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              I wonder if Hori and Madcatz offerings made customs less and less relevant when they started using Sanwa and Seimitsu components.
              They certainly saturated the market. SFV not sticking the landing probably didn't help interest in sticks either.

Comment

Not mine but i wish it was, a long time ago i found this same guy who owns this amazing collection on youtube and posted his collection tour vids in the retro section but sadly he deleted his videos so for years i never got to see it again i missed getting to enjoy looking at it all. Tonight i randomly found someones video who went to this guys house and recorded a tour of his collection.

This collection totally resonates with me as it's full of really cool 80's-90's stuff, kinnikuman/bikkuriman items as well as loads of nintendo hardware and a damn disk writer although he made that himself. I just LOVE the layout of it all just a shame the video is so short as his original videos went close up to everything so you could really look at it all.

Downloaded that video to my pc this time lol
                Last edited by importaku; 14-01-2021, 01:28.

Comment

An update on my post here from last year.

Some pictures of my humble living room corner. It is a mixture of outdated and modern (as is appropriate for a 41-year-old dad of two in a small inner city apartment).

All my other retro consoles, games and other physical objects are stashed away in sundry drawers, cupboards and shelves, to be excavated and extracted as necessary. It's perhaps not ideal, but it is a livable compromise - and I'm all about compromises as a 41-year-old dad of two in a small inner city apartment.

Comment

Looks cosy! I have a similar situation in that I only have one console set up at a time. It isn't ideal but I make do with it.

Like the SFF PC too - any details on that?

Comment

Originally posted by vabarna View Post
                      An update on my post here from last year.

Some pictures of my humble living room corner. It is a mixture of outdated and modern (as is appropriate for a 41-year-old dad of two in a small inner city apartment).

All my other retro consoles, games and other physical objects are stashed away in sundry drawers, cupboards and shelves, to be excavated and extracted as necessary. It's perhaps not ideal, but it is a livable compromise - and I'm all about compromises as a 41-year-old dad of two in a small inner city apartment.
                      This looks really tidy. I'm considering having a massive purge after seeing this. 200+ PCBs in corstat boxes is not family friendly.

Comment

Looks cosy! I have a similar situation in that I only have one console set up at a time. It isn't ideal but I make do with it.

Like the SFF PC too - any details on that?
                        Thank you! The SFF PC actually allowed me to have a "console of the month" space, as before I had a HTPC case easily three times the size in that TV stand.

It is a very recent build, a way for me to de-stress while studying for my country's equivalent of the Bar exam while simultaneously working from home and self-isolating with my family of four.

The case is the Dan A4-SFX, which at 7.2 litres is the smallest I could find that would actually fit in the space I had and also be able to accommodate a regular(ish)-size new graphics card. It also is well-built and very pleasing to (my) eyes. The other specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600X
                        CPU cooler: Alpenföhn Black Ridge (with the stock fan replaced with a Noctua NF-A9x14 92mm fan)
                        PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum
                        MB: Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
                        RAM: two 16GB sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz
                        case fans: two Noctua NF-A9x14 92mm fans
                        two M.2 SSDs: Samsung 980 PRO (1TB) and Adata XPG SX8200 PRO (2TB)
                        GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Eagle (OC)
                        and various other bits and pieces.

For fun, I also installed an Asus Aura RGB Strip on the side of the GPU with two-sided tape. I actually don't use it much, but it is nice for impressing the cat every once in a while (or shining a blue light in honor of Sonic 3 & Knuckles ;D).

All that wasn't exactly affordable, but I have been thinking of it as my personal "next-gen" setup for the coming 6-7 years. It is smaller than either of the new "big" consoles and delivers equal performance in the latest AAA games (which mostly end up on PC nowadays anyways). It's also more versatile (considering emulation, among other things) and more future-proof. Of course I'll still have the latest iteration of Switch as its natural companion - goes without saying, that.

Comment

Thank you! The SFF PC actually allowed me to have a "console of the month" space, as before I had a HTPC case easily three times the size in that TV stand.

It is a very recent build, a way for me to de-stress while studying for my country's equivalent of the Bar exam while simultaneously working from home and self-isolating with my family of four.

The case is the Dan A4-SFX, which at 7.2 litres is the smallest I could find that would actually fit in the space I had and also be able to accommodate a regular(ish)-size new graphics card. It also is well-built and very pleasing to (my) eyes. The other specs are as follows:

CPU cooler: Alpenföhn Black Ridge (with the stock fan replaced with a Noctua NF-A9x14 92mm fan)

For fun, I also installed an Asus Aura RGB Strip on the side of the GPU with two-sided tape. I actually don't use it much, but it is nice for impressing the cat every once in a while (or shining a blue light in honor of Sonic 3 & Knuckles ;D).

All that wasn't exactly affordable, but I have been thinking of it as my personal "next-gen" setup for the coming 6-7 years. It is smaller than either of the new "big" consoles and delivers equal performance in the latest AAA games (which mostly end up on PC nowadays anyways). It's also more versatile (considering emulation, among other things) and more future-proof. Of course I'll still have the latest iteration of Switch as its natural companion - goes without saying, that.
                          Can it run manic miner?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                            Can it run manic miner?
                            Good question - will try, report back!

EDIT: Turns out it can, but I can't. That game is brutal!
                            Last edited by vabarna; 23-02-2021, 18:14.

Comment

Looks like a really nice build, especially considering the form factor. Do you leave the case sides off for temperature reasons?

Comment

Looks like a really nice build, especially considering the form factor. Do you leave the case sides off for temperature reasons?
                                Nah, that was just showing off for the camera! Usually the sides are discreetly on, as seen in last pic. However, it is certainly not the coolest case in the world, so I expect to leave the sides off in the summer - at least when playing a game for an extended time.

Comment

Working...
                                X