This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always nice to see people’s photos!

Your setup is very neat to be fair. Don’t sweat it.

Comment

[MENTION=3924]vabarna[/MENTION], I love how tidy your setup is.

Comment

If Retroarch wasn't a total arsehole with controller variations (and it IS, no matter what anyone says, I've set enough of these up on CRTs and LCDs over the course of about 5 years), then I'd probably just have a PC and emulation...before I brought everything back. Again.
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words and for sharing your own similar experiences. Looking on the bright side, the limited space has pushed me to really give some thought to what games (and consoles) I truly care about and want to maintain, rather than just acquiring and holding on to a wide range of stuff that is ‘nice to have’, like before. I feel it is ultimately the healthier and more conscious approach (and, who knows, may even lead me towards some actual character development!).

As to the setup itself, it actually covers my current gaming needs nicely in most cases. Might be hard to believe, but there also used to be a small turntable on the right-side corner of the TV stand, connected to the old-school stereo amp on the upper shelf under the TV. Of course, I evacuated it as soon as our youngest learned to crawl, and will only take it out again when the immediate danger has passed.

Comment

Here's my current gaming set up, as of 2020.

Got my PC in our front room, in a nice little spot where I can look out our front window but it's north facing so I don't get blinded. No physcial games anymore and when I built my PC last year, I even got a case with no ability for a DVD or Blu Ray drive.

While thinking about my contemporary set up, on a nice little desk and designer chair, it's a world away from my old bedroom back in 2006 and 2007!

And those shots were taken after the original purge of my collection (Around 2004 was the height of my collection with 25 consoles / 500 games) so I thought it was barebones by comparision!

I dug these images out recently and there's a few tresures there. Mint GBA games, Oldboy collectors DVD box, **** loads of Anime, I had so much stuff, and that's not showing the boxes in the loft!
            Last edited by Wools; 18-01-2020, 17:17.

Comment

Here's mind 2020

Comment

Look at all that retro goodness, great collection Team Andromeda!

Is that a Wondermega under the Mega Drive & Mega CD?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  Here's mind 2020

Oh you SOB you have a neo geo! Never owned one. Great collection.
                  I got rid of loads years ago. Regretted it ever since. I kept my mega drive as it has sentimental value.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                    Look at all that retro goodness, great collection Team Andromeda!

Is that a Wondermega under the Mega Drive & Mega CD?
                    Yep its a Wondermega. I've just made a rule not to sell my SEGA stuff. I've sold and got rid of my Amiga 600, CD32, Atari Jaguar and PC Engine stuff, which while I regret, I don't miss too much.

I've sold a ton of Nintendo stuff too. My rule is just to keep the SEGA stuff . If I need room or money, sell the rest

Comment

Still working on mine. As of now:

- No CRTs. I love them but they are not baby friendly and I can't be arsed t dedicate the space for them anymore.
                      - PlayStation 4, Xbox One X (pending transfer, it's in the living room), MiSTer setup and my old trusty iMac late 2015.
                      - A micro Dell Optiplex 3050 for basic PC Stuff (mostly for organising backups)

Comment

Nice! Also congrats for the baby

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                          Nice! Also congrats for the baby
                          Thanks Zaki. It's the best thing ever but also a lot of stress at the same time. He's 13 months old now.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            Here's mind 2020]
                            are all of those consoles connected go the TV ready to go?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              are all of those consoles connected go the TV ready to go?
                              All bar the JVC Saturn. Not that I bother to play much past the One X and Saturn these days TBH

Comment

Here's more or less all the rest of the stuff that isn't up in the Attic

Comment

Working...
                                X