X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
    Still working on mine. As of now:

- No CRTs. I love them but they are not baby friendly and I can't be arsed t dedicate the space for them anymore.
    - PlayStation 4, Xbox One X (pending transfer, it's in the living room), MiSTer setup and my old trusty iMac late 2015.
    - A micro Dell Optiplex 3050 for basic PC Stuff (mostly for organising backups)

Is the Mister setup to the PC monitor? Are you getting correct refresh rates if so on Neo? It runs at a slightly odd rate if I recall.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
      Is the Mister setup to the PC monitor? Are you getting correct refresh rates if so on Neo? It runs at a slightly odd rate if I recall.
      Yeah that little white box is my MiSTer. Got it from Jamie here. Neo Geo runs at 59.2hz and this specific Dell monitor runs fine with no tearing or problems.

Tip: A good indicator to make sure your monitor fully supports the MiSTer resolution is to let the opening sequence of Samurai Shodown IV play and check if those big Japanese letters that pass by the screen from right to left are smooth without any sudden stops or tearing.

Alexei knows about this problem but he doesn't work to address it. His thinking is "if your TV or monitor doesn't fully support this resolution it's sh1t" which is not the case. These are very weird resolutions.
      Last edited by DaytimeDreamer; 22-01-2020, 21:36.

Comment

*posted twice in error.

Comment

Yeah that little white box is my MiSTer. Got it from Jamie here. Neo Geo runs at 59.2hz and this specific Dell monitor runs fine with no tearing or problems.

Tip: A good indicator to make sure your monitor fully supports the MiSTer resolution is to let the opening sequence of Samurai Shodown IV play and check if those big Japanese letters that pass by the screen from right to left are smooth without any sudden stops or tearing.

Alexei knows about this problem but he doesn't work to address it. His thinking is "if your TV or monitor doesn't fully support this resolution it's sh1t" which is not the case. These are very weird resolutions.
          Cheers mate. Yeah, I use the Samurai Shodow II shadows for the same test What model is the Dell out of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
            Cheers mate. Yeah, I use the Samurai Shodow II shadows for the same test What model is the Dell out of interest?
            It's an old Dell U2414H

Review here --> https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm

Comment

It's an old Dell U2414H

Review here --> https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm
              That's the exact monitor I have. Good to know it handles the MiSTer so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                That's the exact monitor I have. Good to know it handles the MiSTer so well.
                Old but gold. It's got some classic IPS glow but it's not that bad.

Comment

Things are a bit in flux at the minute but this was my setup when I moved back into my parent's to save up for a home deposit 4 or so years back

Most stuff was in storage boxed up. I did have all those computers set up in my new place and should have taken some pictures before dismantling everything but oh well.

I've got a friend that'll be lodging with me for a while so the game room's been turned back into a bedroom. I've been meaning to properly sort everything out for a while now; this is the current status of everything.

The NES isn't playing nice with the OSSC and this monitor unfortunately. The sound cuts out after a second which doesn't happen with any other system connected to it and doesn't happen full stop with my TV downstairs. I can get around it by connecting a 3.5mm cable directly from my OSSC to the speaker's input jack or by removing the speaker's main cable from the monitor's output audio jack and connecting that directly to the OSSC. It's not ideal though.

The downstairs setup. Not too much going on here; the PC is there just for Stepmania. The PC Engine Mini will be connected to this TV no doubt.

I need to figure out what to do with this lot now. The PC to the left is my Windows 98 beast, it's just not in an age appropiate case and will be staying (or some variation of it anyway). I'm loath to get rig of the CRT as well after already letting my Trinitron TV go. Nowhere to set it up though. The retro gaming desk is in the background dismantled.

The plan is to move all of this out of the closet it and reclaim it as an actual clothing closet

This all needs clearing out, shelves need putting up and then everything from the full height closet can go in this half height closet. In theory anyway.
                  Last edited by Cepp; 09-02-2020, 15:41. Reason: typos typos typos

Comment

Mugged off the pro monitor in favour of the super market giant #noregrets

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      Mugged off the pro monitor in favour of the super market giant #noregrets

Just how big is that TV? It makes the settee look tiny haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                        Just how big is that TV? It makes the settee look tiny haha.
                        Heh it's a 29" certainly a monster tho it's lighter than trinitrons in that size

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                          Heh it's a 29" certainly a monster tho it's lighter than trinitrons in that size
                          Beast. Yeah my Trinitron weighed a tonne, getting that up and downstairs was not fun!

That's a cosy setup at any rate Makes me wish I still had a CRT TV, even a small one.

Comment

For 16 bit fun I’m now always using my 14” crt monitor, right up close, just like when I was a teenager

Comment

Have a PC underneath the table with a Wii U on top of it too. Barely visible on top of the TV stand, and between the PS2 and the PS4, is an optical to analog converter with volume control so I can use my headphones with the PS2.
                              Last edited by Nico87; 13-04-2020, 21:49.

Comment

Nice and clean, but my feng shui would have the PS2 and 3 swap...

Comment

Working...
                                X