Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Scart switcher became a nicer Scart switcher (which runs straight into the OSSC). No more ugly clunky buttons and less horrible visible wires!

The PS1 is half-broken and is just there to fill a gap, which I'll probably fill with a PC Engine or Super Famicom at some point. I'll probably move the OSSC somewhere else as it's not the most attractive item.

Only some very minor tweaks left to do - I need another stepdown (I keep swapping the Saturn and Famicom between one) and I'd like the OSSC and Retrotink on remote control sockets (OSSC has a physical toggle switch for power that seems like an unnecessary faff, Retrotink is permanently turned on which I'm not keen on). Also need to hide the wires away a bit, but I've a plan for that. And the random antenna, which was a stopgap.

Comment

My temporary living room setup:

Amazing how hard it is to get hold of DIY materials at the moment. This will all look much better by the end of the year.

Comment

Ooooo devialet speaker

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
          Ooooo devialet speaker
          I have a pair of older Silver Phantoms. They are FANTASTIC. I’ve had all sorts of hi-fi over the years but these are simply the best sounding setup I’ve ever had. The sheer reach they have is ridiculous. And the depth and width of the soundstage is tremendous. They really put you in the room with the musicians. And yet they are so small. And very reasonably priced for the performance they offer.
          One caveat though is Devialet need to hire some more software guys. The current DOS2 stuff is a big improvement but still bugs remain.
          I use Audirvana streaming via UPnP from the Mac mini as my playback software which has a companion app for remote control via my iPad or iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            My temporary living room setup:

Amazing how hard it is to get hold of DIY materials at the moment. This will all look much better by the end of the year.

Comment

When I lived in London there was always a demo booth for those speakers in Kings Cross station. Weird looking but big sound, bloody expensive though.

Comment

Finished!

I bought the unit from Ikea. Just across the top (off screen) there's a shelf that goes straight across so everything is inside the unit.

The TV is a 55" LG CX OLED

The small retro section is a PS1 Mini, Mega Drive Mini and then my original NTSC Wii which is softmodded as a retro machine, it's basically on life support lol.

Then I have a V2 Switch, Series X and Series S for my two Son's which goes to their bunk beds for when they come to visit, it's running off of a HDMI splitter. It's ideal for bed time Disney + too, their screens can be pulled out and rotated (great for shmups!). Then I have a PS5 Digital as I'll mainly be using it for Sony exclusives and PS+ games.

To the left of the unit there is a black dustbin that I put my rubbish in.

Last edited by MarioMark; 26-11-2020, 11:37.

Comment

I always appreciate people posting their gaming set ups on here. Gives me ideas.
                  Mine wouldn't be much to look at, just a monitor on a desk with a PS5 next to it and PSVR on the other side.

Comment

The PS5 looks massive but then I realised the bottom row of consoles were the mini versions! Really nice setup. Love the backlighting and its amazing how useful Ikea stuff is for this sort of thing.

I've just snagged a new TV in the black friday sales for the lounge so I'll take a photo once it's setup... should arrive tuesday but I have to wall mount it because it won't fit on my unit.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      The PS5 looks massive but then I realised the bottom row of consoles were the mini versions! Really nice setup. Love the backlighting and its amazing how useful Ikea stuff is for this sort of thing.

I've just snagged a new TV in the black friday sales for the lounge so I'll take a photo once it's setup... should arrive tuesday but I have to wall mount it because it won't fit on my unit.
                      Thanks man. I had to half take it to bits and adjust the shelf to fit the PS5 😂

The LED’s are only £15 on Amazon, small price to make a nice difference.

Looking forward to seeing your TV.

Comment

[MENTION=6700]MarioMark[/MENTION]

Got a link to the LEDs?

Comment

I use these led behind the tv gives a nice ambient lighting and cheap as owt

been on constanly for months plugged into tv without any problems

Comment

Yeah there’s plenty of different types.

These are the ones I have - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B08...b_b_asin_title

Comment

If buying LEDs for bias lighting (improved perceived contrast) then they should be 6500K temperature like these here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007TG5E...&tag=hotoge-21

Good article on bias lighting here: https://www.howtogeek.com/213464/how...bias-lighting/

Comment

Yeah I'll be looking at doing some similar backlighting once I've got this TV up on the wall.

It's my first TV upgrade in nearly 9 years and I've managed to snag the 75" version of the Sony XH9005 for a pretty good deal... Wife is probably going to freak when she sees how big it is (oo-er)...

I was going to grab the LG CX OLED but I really wanted to go up to a bigger size and the pricing gets horrendous on the OLED.

Comment

Working...
                                X