This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post

Here's my modest second setup for when I am "working"...

32" 1440p monitor
    Xbox Series S
    Logitech Speakers
    3x HDMI splitter attached under the desk

What you can't see is my PC Plex server. It's an gigabyte brix NUC attached to the back of the monitor.

Does the job when I'm not allowed near the Series X and main TV. It's setup as clean as possible as my kids basically go through anything not tucked away out of view.
    I've got the same speakers. It all looks very similar to my setup actually.

Comment

They're good aren't they, it was a toss up between those and the creative pebble ones. To be honest I hardly use them because the kids bedroom is across the floor so I've usually got headphones on.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        They're good aren't they, it was a toss up between those and the creative pebble ones. To be honest I hardly use them because the kids bedroom is across the floor so I've usually got headphones on.
        Yeah they aren't bad. And I'm exactly the same, I don't use them often; daughter is right next door. I actually got a Soundblaster Headphone amp just because of how much I use my headphones instead.
        If I could ever figure out how to upload an image on this site I'd post mine.

Comment

I woke my wife up with my headphones the other night, and she's downstairs.

Comment

Might want to get your ears checked!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              I've got the same speakers. It all looks very similar to my setup actually.
              Me too! Mine were a freebie from the Insight Technology Show in Billingsgate.

Here’s my setup which cost very little:

Jp Megadrive - cost £15 (was £50 together with a PAL Mega CD which I sold to an acquaintance for £35) - switchless modded
              Jp Mega CD - £70 “junk” from eBay. Needed some attention to the drive and a new fuse. Had a socketed BIOS (yay!) so swapped for region-free BIOS
              PAL SNES - I acquired this circa 1996. A mate owed me £20 and he was one of those mates who never pays you back. You know the sort: straight down the pub as soon as his giro clears. Anyway, so he left his SNES round another mate’s house so I took it as down payment and have had it ever since. I switch modded it and cut the cart slot to fit US carts.
              Sony Trinitron - it hasn’t got great geometry but hey, it was £15 off Gumtree
              Logitech speakers - free
              Headphone switcher - £10 off eBay - allows me to switch the speaker output between the two consoles
              Luke Skywalker - hand-me-down from my brother around 1985
              Lego man on a dragon - free from WH Smith with a magazine or paper, can’t remember which
              Retrobit 2.4ghz MD Pad - £30

Comment

Forgive me father, for I have sinned. Don't know why I havnt done this before, used a CRT for TATE mode, feeling powerful, highly immersive.

Comment

Rearrangement:

PC Setup:
                  Ryzen 3600, Radeon 5600XT, 32GB Ram, 2 x nvme drives + terabytes of mechanical.
                  Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Joystick, VKB Rudders (out of shot) and an HP Reverb VR System

Retro Corner:
                  MiSTer, DAC, Soundbar, Acorn Multisync CRT (only 14" but the picture quality exceeds the Sony PVM I used to have), MacBook Air M1, Akai MPK Mini Mk2 Midi Keyboard

Cables everywhere as I have to work in here too. There are 3 other laptops out of sight, various dev boards etc. hence the 16 port switch. I can't keep it tidy sadly as I have to plug ethernet cables around constantly.
                  Last edited by Brad; 15-05-2021, 18:08.

Comment

Phwoar, your HOTAS is showing!

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                      Phwoar, your HOTAS is showing!
                      I thought you were referring to Brad’s missus just then.

Comment

My simple little gaming haven.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          My simple little gaming haven.

I like that. Very nice... It's all symmetrical and stuff.

Comment

Haha, right down to beefcake PS5 mirroring beefcake Zangief and the powerfully beautiful XSS who mirrors the powerful and beautiful Rainbow Mika.

Comment

I like how the buttons of the joystick match up with the switch joycon and how it's all laid out.

Only thing I will say is cable management...

Comment

I know, I think they go down the middle pipes of the TV stand. I will do it some day

Comment

Working...
                                X