Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No competition, the bends is the best album they made. I adore fake plastic trees...and pretty much every track on the album.

Cannot stop listening to clutch's robot hive/exodus album at present...

Last edited by PaTaito; 07-04-2013, 15:46.

Comment

Been listening to Charlie Parra all weekend. Damn good guitarist that I think someone on here recommended me to a while back as he does a lot of game/movie covers, so thanks for that! His new short album was inspired from the old school gaming culture so is also relevant to this site :P

If you are into metal then go give it a listen!

Comment

Clutch are on tour in the US with The Sword soon. That'll be amazing!

Nice link, Fader, I'll check that out.

As for Radiohead, I agree about The Bends. Anybody remember them playing the title track on Jools Holland? That first chord seems to knock them all backwards!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 07-04-2013, 17:24.

Comment

Rofl.

Comment

Jesus, it's been a looooooooooong time since i've heard that!

Comment

Religious AND country music alert!

End of scary alert.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                Back to listening to Aesop.

Any idea which game they took the sample from?
                Just saw this, not sure if the electronic burble is an old retro game or a vintage synth but the voice sample "trapped in a deadly video game" is from an old Gza track called 'I Gotcha Back', from the Fresh soundtrack, which I'll post here cos it's bloody ace and I haven't listened to it in yonks!:

Comment

The Bends was easily the best, but people overkilled it After a while I was fed up of hearing it. Coming back to it now is great.

I bought Lucy Shiner by Gold Panda. Not sure if I like it. It's not quite as cool as Boards of Canada. Seems a bit forced in places. In others it's beautiful. But I like my albums to be good the whole way through.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                    Just saw this, not sure if the electronic burble is an old retro game or a vintage synth but the voice sample "trapped in a deadly video game" is from an old Gza track called 'I Gotcha Back', from the Fresh soundtrack, which I'll post here cos it's bloody ace and I haven't listened to it in yonks!:

Cool track! and I bow to your superior hip hop knowledge, Jazz. Impressive.

When I listened I was instantly reminded of something I'd been listening to last week by Ugly Duckling called It's Gone.

Comment

Loved this as a kid due to the cheerful melody and still do, but, man, the lyrics are pretty sombre.

Comment

The spice expands consciousness.

Comment

I'm so fackin' cultured, innit.

Comment

I sometimes think if the mountains and the hills and the oceans and the lakes and the forests and rocks had a unified voice they'd sound like choirboys. It makes no sense, I know, it's probbaly a propagation of years of drug abuse, haha, but, whatever the reason, I hear songs like this and I think of the planet singing.

Comment

A beautiful, bluesy rendition of a gospel classic:

Last edited by Charlie; 09-04-2013, 22:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                                I sometimes think if the mountains and the hills and the oceans and the lakes and the forests and rocks had a unified voice they'd sound like choirboys. It makes no sense, I know, it's probbaly a propagation of years of drug abuse, haha, but, whatever the reason, I hear songs like this and I think of the planet singing.

That's because it's Danny Elfman and his songs are wonderfully moving......one of the best music men there is.....

The very best music from Danny Elfman. Buy the CD's of Danny Elfman!

Comment

Working...
                                X