Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of rock and metal.
    New Pumpkins album.
    New Muse album.
    Orange Goblin.
    The Sledge.
    Sleep.
    Goat Bong.
    My Final Second.
    Loimann.
    Spacelord.
    Hot Ram.
    You Handsome Devil.

That last one has some great track names:
    "Cthulhu Luau"
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
    "Treason Season"
    "You know what, bitch - I'm Spider-Man. I've got **** to do, Okay"

Comment

Kate Bush remastered box set 1. These albums sound better than ever. Right now listening to (probably) my personal fave: Never For Ever ... which I'm sure the makers/music composer of Final Fantasy 7 were listening to/fans of when they made the game. I hear the FFVII soundtrack all over this album.

Comment

I need to pick up those Kate Bush remasters at some point. She's a truly amazing artist.

QC - DO you just pick bands by their names? Goat Bong, Spacelord and Hot Ram are superb names.

Comment

I picked up the Kate Bush volume 1 LP boxset and the single LP of Aerial. The mastering on these is really really good. James Guthrie has done an exceptional job. Nice that Rolf has been removed aswell.

Comment

Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs.

Not many bands with a name that cool.

Comment

Jon Hopkins' Singularity was possibly my favourite album from 2018.

Courtney Barnett's and Father John Misty's last albums didn't grip me like their previous ones. Parquet Courts album was pretty good though as was Kurt Vile's. And Prince's Piano and a Microphone was just sublime for a lifelong fan like myself.

But mostly i buy older albums: Millie Jackson, Ann Peebles, Creedence, Santana, Roxy Music, Chris Rea, Reba McIntyre, Mongo Santamaria, Grace Jones, Queen and Kid Creole have all been picked up lately. Amongst many others much to the wife's pleasure.

Lindsay Buckingham's 3cd/6LP set is pretty cool if you're a fan of Fleetwood Mac. And also the remaster of The Beatles White Album has been a recent highlight.

Sufjan Stevens' Songs for Christmas has gone back to the topshelf for another year now. It's a godsend of an album during a period when all you hear is ****ing Slade and Paul McCartney.

Comment

80s electric and synthwave.

Comment

Relistening to all of Devin Townsend's discog in the run up to him releasing Empath.

Comment

Dune Spice Opera.

Sweet Jesus, it's good. Such a shame the CD is rare now. Finding it for about 60 quid online. YouTube will have to do for now, then.

Comment

New Mono album came out today!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up fuse. Been looking forward to that since they toured last year.

Comment

Comment

Totally loving anything by DubFX at the moment. Currently listening to Live In The Street album.
                            Also: https://youtu.be/rBmMzabdEKQ

Comment

Scared to come into this 'Tube heavy thread, but I listened to War of the Worlds for the first time properly this week and really enjoyed it.

First couple of tracks are best, but it was funny to hear the ending because my mom didn't like the fact that the Martians return, so stopped the tape copying it early!

You don't get many concept albums like this any more.

Comment

Yep, it's a pretty fantastic piece of work. I go back to it every few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X