Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an email from Sacred Bones recently saying they were very excited to sign Sextile, and then a few days after that I was looking at bands who've recently done Audiotree sessions and there they were again. Gave it a shot and quite like this; good fusion of style and great energy. These 'Far Out' sessions are always excellently filmed too.

Comment

This popped up on my list. What an absolute banger and what a way to kick off an album. Must say the bass on this track is 100% chefs kiss.

Comment

The Prodigy - Experience Expanded double CD just arrived

Comment

New Mitski single with album to follow in September. Same day as the new Baroness album too. That’ll be a good night.

Comment

I'm liking that new Mitski album! Also very into Chelsea Wolfe going back to this kind of sound.

Comment

The new Corrine Bailey Rae album is pretty good. Certainly a change of direction from her but welcome. A couple of tracks don’t really land but a surprising result all the same.

Comment

I've been going through a mini motown/funk/soul phase - highlights so far:

Curtis - Curtis Mayfield
                What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
                Songs in the Key of Life - Stevie Wonder

Absolutely epic albums

Comment

It had to be done.
                  WHAM! Last Christmas Japanese 12"
                  This is quite a unique mix though. On the actual record it says this is the pudding mix but it is most definitely not the pudding mix.
                  The Japanese cover and inside lyrics sleave call it the "long version".
                  I'm not sure if this is a Japanese exclusive mix but I do find it odd how the actual record marks it as the wrong mix.
                  Last edited by Yakumo; 14-12-2023, 15:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    It had to be done.
                    WHAM! Last Christmas Japanese 12"
                    Out of curiosity, does the normal single ever get played there in shops? I haven't heard it much in the UK this year as I think people aren't putting it on playlists due to the fear of backlash from people doing the stupid "Whamageddon" craze and taking it weirdly seriously, might just be in my head though. Most Christmas songs do my head in, but the Wham! one is a genuinely decent song (for one I've heard about 5000 times).

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                      Out of curiosity, does the normal single ever get played there in shops? I haven't heard it much in the UK this year as I think people aren't putting it on playlists due to the fear of backlash from people doing the stupid "Whamageddon" craze and taking it weirdly seriously, might just be in my head though. Most Christmas songs do my head in, but the Wham! one is a genuinely decent song (for one I've heard about 5000 times).
                      Thankfully all that stupid western BS is next to none existent in Japan. The Me too crap, all this Woke bollocks, cancel culture and so on. I don't have to deal with any of that. 👍
                      So yep, we still get good old WHAM! Last Christmas on the playlists 🤗

Comment

I've been randomly listening to some of the Best 500 Albums of All Time according to Rolling Stone magazine. Now I could go on forever about problems with the list as there are loads, but there are some killer albums on it.

Some highlights from the last few albums

Comment

Last year's Gunship album - Unicorn:

Last edited by Brad; 02-02-2024, 11:06.

Comment

We're getting a Beth Gibbons solo record this year. That's pretty rad.

Comment

Working...
                            X