Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm.. I like this song but am now starting to question my sexuality after watching the video.

Is the main guy wondering around gay? he's wearing his pants on the outside of his jeans and has a moustache. Unsure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
      Hmm.. I like this song but am now starting to question my sexuality after watching the video.

Is the main guy wondering around gay? he's wearing his pants on the outside of his jeans and has a moustache. Unsure.
      I don't think they're pants I think that's a codpiece!!

Comment

Was this a common fashion accessory in the 80's? I don't think you could away with wearing one of those now.

80's fashion is so confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          Was this a common fashion accessory in the 80's? I don't think you could away with wearing one of those now.

80's fashion is so confusing.
          http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/Judge Dredd Stallone cod piece.jpg

Case in point!

Comment

The link didn't work so I googled it and my search results returned gay Star Trek fan art.

Comment

Think the Star Trek fan art took the server down!

Anyway, my theory has been destroyed! His name is Tomi Jenkins and he was married to one of the women from Miami Vice.

I have to wonder where my life is when I spend half an hour looking at gay Star Trek fan art, reading comments about who would be more domineering in bed; Kirk or Mccoy.

Comment

Are you sure that isn't from your personal collection lol ? its all one phrase ending in jpg type that in! It's judge Dredd with a codpiece

Comment

Originally posted by dazzling_bubble View Post
                  That's because it's Danny Elfman and his songs are wonderfully moving......one of the best music men there is.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSNktasBOTI
                  Yeah, he is a bit of a maestro.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzling_bubble View Post
                    Are you sure that isn't from your personal collection lol ? its all one phrase ending in jpg type that in! It's judge Dredd with a codpiece
                    I typed in Judge Dredd codpiece, clicked on one of the images for closer examination and that picture was there along with others of Spock and Kirk naked doing stuff to each other - I must have missed that episode!

Codpiece is a dangerous word.

Comment

I'm in no way a religious man, but am increasingly struck by the beauty of songs which express a love of God. I think they often convey a purer joy, or completely unconditional love compared to songs about the love of a fellow person. Check it:

Another beauty:

Last edited by Charlie; 11-04-2013, 17:27.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          Just got a long yearning to listen to this after a very long hiatus, loved this album for over 17 years, it always kicks arse and sounds pretty damn 'edgy' these days, this is what East Coast hip hop used to sound like in 1995, though might be an acquired taste to some:

Picked this up the other day.

If I heard this while walking down a street in stockton blaring out of a ghetto blaster I'd just turn right around and stroll in the other direction!

Comment

Bit of Kenrick Lamar's album from last year, Section 80.

Deep tune.

I love the 80s family sitcom type tune in the background of this tune.

Comment

^I listen to that kind of music for pleasure ("family sitcom", lol) and love it when hip hop artists sample stuff like that...anyway, it's weird, I've been listening to mah negus Bob James again, I love his mellow stuff, just listen to the orchestral sweeps near the middle/end of this track, they evoke vintage Bill Conti, circa his Rocky stuff, amazingly lush:

Comment

Still in love with this. The way that it picks up a little bit of pace and the backing vocals glide in near the end gives me shivers.

Comment

Working...
                                X