Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Ahh, this tune brings back memories. Mostly of being stoned sitting in the back of my brother's mate's car on lazy, hazy days of innocence and wonder with the song blasting on the stereo.

But, boy, what a tune. Song of the Century it is often called for the lyrics alone are a source of wonder: the religious imagery, the cultural references, the poetry: little wonder the song has been scrutinised for decades with entire websites dedicated to its meaning. Who broke the church bells? Who was the jester who sang for the king and queen? And what really was revealed "the day the music died"?

A song that foresaw the decline in society and culture over the years since it was written. A song that mourns how there is so little poetry and romance in anything anymore. A prophetic song no less.
        Last edited by Zen Monkey; 31-10-2018, 15:32.

Comment

If I ventured in the slipstream / Between the viaducts of your dream

This music... when I was young, I didn't dislike it, nor did I like it. Not actively listening but passively hearing it so often on long car journeys that it became part of my very being. I love when a song from those days pops up randomly. Van Morrison, Fleetwood Mac, Suzanne Vega, The Petshop Boys...

Comment

^ Nice choice, dude. Indeed it's one of my favourite tracks from one of my favourite albums. The 19th best album in the world according to Rolling Stone magazine. I'd put it in the top 10 myself but, either way, a classic album.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Here’s some League of Legends tie in. I don’t know anything about League of Legends but I know (G)I-dle featured in the track and it’s a great song with some excellent animated visuals.

Comment

Happy Covers Day everyone!

What's that you say? You didn't know it was Covers Day? Well...that's 'cause the day that doesn't really exist. I made it up just now in order to post these three covers of the same song. How cunning I am! Three covers. Three gems. One song about picking heather on a mountain.

Rod Stewart covered it too but his version don't tickle my fancy. Indeed I consider it an affront to the spirit of the original.

Last edited by Zen Monkey; 09-11-2018, 12:19.

Comment

Comment

Comment

1971:

1971!

Comment

Toxic masculinity bad, Idles good.

Comment

Working...
                                X